President Obama used his State of the Union Address to highlight a pivot to policies he claims will strengthen the middle class. As the last six years have instructed, President Obama's rhetoric has a tortuous relationship with reality. As a new campaign by the Job Creators Network called Defend Main Street highlights, recent action by his Administration threatens almost 1 million small businesses.
On Monday, Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe was admitted to the Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center in Richmond for an emergency procedure to drain fluids from his chest. According to a statement from his office, the treatment was due to complications from a traumatic injury the governor suffered over Christmas in Africa.
In the build up to President Obama's State of the Union address, the White House has floated plans to raise hundreds of billions in new taxes. The plans have almost no chance of passing Congress but are designed to frame the upcoming debates and alter the landscape for the presidential election in 2016.
Television's top news anchor, NBC's Brian Williams, earns a reported $13 million a year to read the news. This disparity far surpasses the 150-1 ratio earned by the average CEO.
At the beginning of the year, 20 states boosted their legally mandated minimum hourly wages. The hikes were the result of recently passed legislation or automatic inflation adjustments set into law. A new study, however, adds to the decades of economic research showing that such moves harm low-skilled workers, the very people such laws are intended to help.
Disgraced Delegate Joe Morrissey won a special election Tuesday to reclaim a seat he relinquished after agreeing to a plea deal concerning his relationship with a 17-year-old minor. His overnight stays in jail didn't prevent the former Democrat, an outspoken liberal, from defeating both Republican and Democrat opponents.
Hours before the GOP took control of the U.S. Senate last week, Tennessee Republican Sen. Bob Corker used an appearance on CNBC to push a federal gas tax increase. Voters can be forgiven if they feel this was exactly what they expected when they gave Republicans complete control of Congress. Corker's disastrous timing isn't just bad politics -- it is horrible policy.
In one of its first legislative acts of the 114th Congress, the House overwhelming passed a reauthorization of the federal terrorism insurance program on Wednesday.
In each of his last six years in office, Obama has experienced an upturn in his end-of-the-year polling. By January, this approval bump has disappeared.
On Friday, the South Carolina Tea Party Coalition announced that government reformer Adam Andrzejewski will speak at the Coalition’s annual conference next weekend in South Carolina. Andrzejewski (pictured), founder of OpenTheBooks.com, has built the largest private database of government spending
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Bergdahl to be charged with desertion, ex-military intel officer says27 Jan 2015, 6:19 AM PDT
- Panning Palin: Why conservative media are dismissing her 2016 prospects27 Jan 2015, 3:00 AM PDT
- Justice Department working on national car-tracking database27 Jan 2015, 1:00 AM PDT
- Deficit will take a dip before soaring to new heights27 Jan 2015, 1:00 AM PDT
- Cuba's $6B debt to Americans for seized properties hangs over US talks27 Jan 2015, 1:00 AM PDT
Fox News National
- Snow-tubing NY teen dies after crashing into light pole27 Jan 2015, 6:41 AM PDT
- Residents want police charged in shooting death of teen girl who hit officer with stolen car27 Jan 2015, 6:30 AM PDT
- US home price gains slow in November, restrained by slower sales and limited supply27 Jan 2015, 6:15 AM PDT
- Those fish are too fishy: Belfast opportunists warned not to eat mackerel scooped off the road27 Jan 2015, 5:02 AM PDT
- Toddler left behind in day care van found wandering on New York street; 2 workers charged27 Jan 2015, 5:01 AM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Warriors put home streak on line vs. Bulls27 Jan 2015, 7:25 AM PDT
- Mavericks face test versus Randolph, Grizzlies27 Jan 2015, 7:18 AM PDT
- Heat shoot for three straight wins vs. Bucks27 Jan 2015, 7:12 AM PDT
- LeBron leads Cavs into bout with Pistons27 Jan 2015, 7:09 AM PDT
- Raptors back on the road against Pacers27 Jan 2015, 7:04 AM PDT