Economic growth came in under expectations in the fourth quarter of 2014, despite a boost from radically lower gasoline prices.
President Obama isn't especially popular with Americans. His policies are even less so.
Small business is literally dying in the United States. By the time the media or the political class notices, it will be far too late.
President Obama used his State of the Union Address to highlight a pivot to policies he claims will strengthen the middle class. As the last six years have instructed, President Obama's rhetoric has a tortuous relationship with reality. As a new campaign by the Job Creators Network called Defend Main Street highlights, recent action by his Administration threatens almost 1 million small businesses.
On Monday, Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe was admitted to the Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center in Richmond for an emergency procedure to drain fluids from his chest. According to a statement from his office, the treatment was due to complications from a traumatic injury the governor suffered over Christmas in Africa.
In the build up to President Obama's State of the Union address, the White House has floated plans to raise hundreds of billions in new taxes. The plans have almost no chance of passing Congress but are designed to frame the upcoming debates and alter the landscape for the presidential election in 2016.
Television's top news anchor, NBC's Brian Williams, earns a reported $13 million a year to read the news. This disparity far surpasses the 150-1 ratio earned by the average CEO.
At the beginning of the year, 20 states boosted their legally mandated minimum hourly wages. The hikes were the result of recently passed legislation or automatic inflation adjustments set into law. A new study, however, adds to the decades of economic research showing that such moves harm low-skilled workers, the very people such laws are intended to help.
Disgraced Delegate Joe Morrissey won a special election Tuesday to reclaim a seat he relinquished after agreeing to a plea deal concerning his relationship with a 17-year-old minor. His overnight stays in jail didn't prevent the former Democrat, an outspoken liberal, from defeating both Republican and Democrat opponents.
Hours before the GOP took control of the U.S. Senate last week, Tennessee Republican Sen. Bob Corker used an appearance on CNBC to push a federal gas tax increase. Voters can be forgiven if they feel this was exactly what they expected when they gave Republicans complete control of Congress. Corker's disastrous timing isn't just bad politics -- it is horrible policy.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- GOP House to vote next week to repeal ObamaCare, after attacking law piece by piece31 Jan 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- From Henry David Thoreau to Henry Kissinger and Code Pink, civil disobedience has a history in US politics31 Jan 2015, 3:53 PM PDT
- Veto, filibuster threats ahead of vote next week to fund Homeland Security, roll back executive actions31 Jan 2015, 3:07 PM PDT
- Confirmation hearings set to begin for Carter as next defense secretary amid daunting global challenges31 Jan 2015, 11:46 AM PDT
- Michelle Obama defends 'American Sniper' at veterans event31 Jan 2015, 12:00 AM PDT
Fox News National
- Fire destroys snow plow fleet in New Hampshire town31 Jan 2015, 10:44 PM PDT
- Balloon pilots make history with trans-Pacific flight31 Jan 2015, 4:19 PM PDT
- Police search suspicious package at NYC bus station, find bag filled with 1,000 condoms31 Jan 2015, 1:15 PM PDT
- Trial ordered for Pennsylvania man in stepdaughter's alleged necrophilia killing31 Jan 2015, 12:30 PM PDT
- Washington man without a 'Good to Go' pass gets $18,000 bill for crossing toll bridge31 Jan 2015, 12:01 PM PDT