Small business is literally dying in the United States. By the time the media or the political class notices, it will be far too late.
President Obama used his State of the Union Address to highlight a pivot to policies he claims will strengthen the middle class. As the last six years have instructed, President Obama's rhetoric has a tortuous relationship with reality. As a new campaign by the Job Creators Network called Defend Main Street highlights, recent action by his Administration threatens almost 1 million small businesses.
On Monday, Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe was admitted to the Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center in Richmond for an emergency procedure to drain fluids from his chest. According to a statement from his office, the treatment was due to complications from a traumatic injury the governor suffered over Christmas in Africa.
In the build up to President Obama's State of the Union address, the White House has floated plans to raise hundreds of billions in new taxes. The plans have almost no chance of passing Congress but are designed to frame the upcoming debates and alter the landscape for the presidential election in 2016.
Television's top news anchor, NBC's Brian Williams, earns a reported $13 million a year to read the news. This disparity far surpasses the 150-1 ratio earned by the average CEO.
At the beginning of the year, 20 states boosted their legally mandated minimum hourly wages. The hikes were the result of recently passed legislation or automatic inflation adjustments set into law. A new study, however, adds to the decades of economic research showing that such moves harm low-skilled workers, the very people such laws are intended to help.
Disgraced Delegate Joe Morrissey won a special election Tuesday to reclaim a seat he relinquished after agreeing to a plea deal concerning his relationship with a 17-year-old minor. His overnight stays in jail didn't prevent the former Democrat, an outspoken liberal, from defeating both Republican and Democrat opponents.
Hours before the GOP took control of the U.S. Senate last week, Tennessee Republican Sen. Bob Corker used an appearance on CNBC to push a federal gas tax increase. Voters can be forgiven if they feel this was exactly what they expected when they gave Republicans complete control of Congress. Corker's disastrous timing isn't just bad politics -- it is horrible policy.
In one of its first legislative acts of the 114th Congress, the House overwhelming passed a reauthorization of the federal terrorism insurance program on Wednesday.
In each of his last six years in office, Obama has experienced an upturn in his end-of-the-year polling. By January, this approval bump has disappeared.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Whitewashing savagery: Al-Jazeera English bans use of ‘terrorist’ for mass killers29 Jan 2015, 3:41 PM PDT
- Romney takes aim at Clinton in Mississippi speech29 Jan 2015, 1:00 AM PDT
- Fox News Poll: Voters disagree with vision Obama expressed in State of the Union28 Jan 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- Paul hits potential 2016 presidential candidates in tweet28 Jan 2015, 8:12 PM PDT
- Boehner confirms lawsuit against Obama, defends Netanyahu invitation28 Jan 2015, 3:49 PM PDT
Fox News National
- Treasure hunter who found sunken ship, gold bars to appear in Florida federal court29 Jan 2015, 1:46 AM PDT
- Deadly Maryland mansion fire was fueled by Christmas tree, authorities say29 Jan 2015, 1:00 AM PDT
- Balloon crew approaches North America, streaks closer to records29 Jan 2015, 12:47 AM PDT
- Before family of 5 found dead, mom was close friends with murderer who saw himself as prophet29 Jan 2015, 12:46 AM PDT
- San Francisco police find suitcase filled with dismembered body parts29 Jan 2015, 12:40 AM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Eastern Washington to face difficult schedule29 Jan 2015, 4:11 AM PDT
- Eastern Washington to face difficult schedule29 Jan 2015, 4:10 AM PDT
- NASCAR Hall of Fame in Charlotte sees sponsorship revenue fall sharply29 Jan 2015, 3:36 AM PDT
- McIlroy bogeys last hole to sit a shot behind clubhouse leaders at Dubai Desert Classic29 Jan 2015, 2:17 AM PDT
- Jordan Spieth starts his 3rd year coming off 2 big wins29 Jan 2015, 12:51 AM PDT