To listen to President Obama, the U.S. economy is firing on all cylinders. Yet it is hardly creating jobs at a breakneck pace, and too many able-bodied men have grown lazy and show no interest in working.
The Supreme Court could improve American health care by striking down federal subsidies offered through HealthCare.com—the federal exchange that sells insurance in states without government-run marketplaces.
America and the entire West are at war with jihadist terrorism and radical Islamism—on the battle fields of the Middle East with ISIS and al Qaeda but more importantly in coffee houses, the basements of mosques, and on the internet for the hearts and minds of young people.
Since 2008, the Federal Reserve has been giving banks virtually free money by keeping their short term borrowing rates near zero.
Fighting racism, prejudice, and the violence those can beget is everyone’s job. Muslims would do well to respond to President Obama’s invitation to combat extremist ideas in their communities, but too often Washington’s broader policies toward minorities encourage just the opposite.
Free trade is undermining American prosperity, and Congress should deny President Obama authority to negotiate new deals in Asia and with the European Union.
Moderate Islam may be guilty of terrorism by its silent acquiescence, and that is the issue President Obama and other leaders in the West refuse to address.
Greece will soon default on its sovereign debt and mercifully loosen Germany’s grip on European economic policy.
The newly elected Greek government is quite correct to eschew austerity and seek reductions in what it owes northern European governments. The Euro is punishing the South, and solving Mediterranean states’ chronic financial problems would require moving some industry from the North to the South. More austerity would only bleed the patient further.
The economy added 257,000 jobs in January, down significantly from the 324,000 fourth quarter average monthly gain. Overall, the economy is creating jobs, but lower oil prices and a strong dollar are slowing the pace.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Exclusive: Internal cable from Clinton State Department office barred use of personal email5 Mar 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- Sledders defy police with 'sled-in' protest on Capitol Hill5 Mar 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- Majority of House members sign letter blasting Obama bullet ban proposal5 Mar 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- Clinton created multiple email addresses on private server, data show 5 Mar 2015, 6:40 PM PDT
- Krauthammer on Clinton email scandal: 'She's a Clinton. And what the Clintons do is, never clear the air'5 Mar 2015, 5:55 PM PDT
Fox News National
- Federal judge shot, wounded in Detroit robbery attempt6 Mar 2015, 1:00 AM PDT
- Truck driver fell asleep before colliding with car, school bus in Washington, officials say5 Mar 2015, 10:35 PM PDT
- Crude oil freight train derails in Illinois, no injuries reported5 Mar 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- Protesters at US Air Force base in southern Nevada calling for stop to drone strikes abroad5 Mar 2015, 7:32 PM PDT
- Philadelphia police officer shot in head, killed, trying to stop robbery at video game store5 Mar 2015, 7:02 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Coyotes edge Canucks in shootout5 Mar 2015, 10:23 PM PDT
- Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Tournament Recaps5 Mar 2015, 10:13 PM PDT
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Recaps5 Mar 2015, 10:10 PM PDT
- '15 Season Preview: D.C. United eye Cup run5 Mar 2015, 10:01 PM PDT
- Arizona crushes Cal, claims Pac-12 outright crown5 Mar 2015, 9:51 PM PDT