The European Central Bank has announced a €60 billion ($69 billion) monthly government bond buying program—Quantitative Easing—but that won’t do much for the moribund continental economy.
In his State of the Union address, President Obama will propose much he knows the Republican-controlled Congress will not enact, but his real agenda is to set the table for Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign.
Prime Minister Manuel Valls has declared France is at war with radical Islam, but his government may have to take on Islam altogether. Certainly, it must abandon its pell-mell accommodation of immigrant cultures that threaten French civilization.
The economy added 252,000 jobs in December—down from 353,000 in November. With GDP growth slowing, prospects for jobless Americans are worsening.
It was one thing to get elected but it will be another for the Republican Congress to work with a president best known for his imperious style and a hard left agenda.
The American people now have a censor–North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un–and they can thank President Obama’s failure to defend their rights to free speech and privacy. After hacking Sony’s computer network and subjecting its employees to identity theft and
The U.S. economy can handle higher interest rates, and the Federal Reserve’s policymaking committee has signaled such a move is likely by summer. The Fed has kept short term borrowing rates near zero since December 2008 to support recovery from
Federal Reserve policymakers meet Tuesday and Wednesday to discuss when to raise interest rates and how they will communicate those intentions without upsetting financial markets or the economic recovery. Unfortunately, the Fed is constrained by its own past missteps, and
Falling gas prices add to holiday cheer, but those are not an unvarnished good for the U.S. economy–thanks to bad economic policy. Oil selling at about $65 a barrel gives consumers and many businesses a lot of additional buying power,
The economy added 321,000 jobs in November–a dramatic jump from October. Overall the economy is creating many more jobs, but the outlook remains guarded. Unemployment stayed constant at 5.8 percent because the jobs count is based on the survey of
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- The gender factor: Is that actually an obstacle for Hillary Clinton? 26 Jan 2015, 7:10 PM PDT
- Obama spokesman says 'device' found on White House grounds, poses no threat26 Jan 2015, 3:17 AM PDT
- Obama becomes first US president to take in India's Republic Day parade26 Jan 2015, 2:15 AM PDT
- Rand Paul clashes with Rubio, Cruz on defense, foreign policy at Koch forum26 Jan 2015, 1:13 AM PDT
- Federal judge issues two-week stay of own ruling overturning Alabama gay marriage ban26 Jan 2015, 1:00 AM PDT
Fox News National
- Several decomposed bodies, remains left unattended by Providence funeral home buried, cremated26 Jan 2015, 5:02 AM PDT
- 71 years later, NY combat vet the only to return for anniversary of WWII Pacific island battle26 Jan 2015, 5:02 AM PDT
- Police identify the 2 co-workers killed in a shooting at a NYC Home Depot26 Jan 2015, 4:16 AM PDT
- White House spokesman: Secret Service recovers 'device' at White House, no immediate threat26 Jan 2015, 3:30 AM PDT
- Warrant issued for suspect in case of missing elderly Georgia couple26 Jan 2015, 1:33 AM PDT
Fox News Sports
- After making history, Nishikori explains why he needs time to adjust to the No. 5 ranking26 Jan 2015, 4:34 AM PDT
- Bill Haas pulls off another imaginative escape to win Humana Challenge26 Jan 2015, 1:17 AM PDT
- Team Irvin edges Team Carter in Pro Bowl25 Jan 2015, 11:38 PM PDT
- Rockets take care of Lakers25 Jan 2015, 11:08 PM PDT
- Davis, Evans help Pelicans edge Mavericks25 Jan 2015, 10:53 PM PDT