Portugal, which expelled its Jews in 1536, is now poised to adopt a “return law” for the Jewish and non-Jewish descendants of Portugal’s Sephardi Jews. This law was passed in 2013 and is expected to become “effective” by March 2015.
Earlier this week, the Qatar-based international Union of Muslim Scholars-- headed by Yusuf al-Qaradawi, the spiritual guide of Egypt’s banned Muslim Brotherhood-- called upon the United Nations to make “contempt of religions” illegal.
The cover is shocking, gruesome, and bold. It features the face of a woman encased in plastic, being smothered to death. A video shows the plastic wrapping being ripped open, “signifying the release of women from violence.”
Young teenage Muslim girls in Malaysia, wearing hijab, were so excited by popular Korean “boy” band B1A4 that they jumped onstage to hug and kiss (!) some musicians. They are now being asked to turn themselves in or face arrest.
Tonight, BBC Arabic will air a new documentary, Slaves of the Caliphate, which documents the horrendous plight of captured Yazidi girls and women. This film will be broadcast on BBC World on January 17, 2015.
The Islamists hacked her to death in broad daylight in Bangladesh and held the horrified onlookers at bay with firearms.
Nigerian Catholic Archbishop Ignatius Kaigama has called for “the same international support to tackle Boko Haram as France has received since it was hit by Islamist attacks last week.”
Sultan Haji Hassnal Bolkiah of Brunei has banned Christmas in his Kingdom. This latest ban was implemented “after a number of people were reportedly spotted wearing clothes resembling Santa Claus at Christmas time.”
At least four, possibly five French Jewish hostages, probably women who were shopping for the Sabbath, were killed by Jihadists before the French police stormed the kosher supermarket. The male and female pair of jihadists were demanding the freedom of the Charlie Hebdo jihadists.
A young Hindu couple in the Punjab dared to marry for love—but without permission from the bride’s family.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Panning Palin: Why conservative media are dismissing her 2016 prospects27 Jan 2015, 3:00 AM PDT
- Justice Department working on national car-tracking database27 Jan 2015, 1:00 AM PDT
- Obama, Kerry leading delegation to pay respects to late Saudi King Abdullah27 Jan 2015, 12:20 AM PDT
- Obama calls for religious tolerance, gender equity in final speech of India visit27 Jan 2015, 12:08 AM PDT
- The gender factor: Is that actually an obstacle for Hillary Clinton? 26 Jan 2015, 7:10 PM PDT
Fox News National
- Flights across America canceled due to ripple effect from Northeast blizzard27 Jan 2015, 2:18 AM PDT
- New Orleans' oldest cemetery to bar solo tourists, citing vandalism of above-ground crypts27 Jan 2015, 2:16 AM PDT
- Bodies found near SUV of Ga. couple missing days after traveling to meet Craigslist contact27 Jan 2015, 1:31 AM PDT
- Gay rights advocates, religious freedom supporters speak out on Idaho's 'Add the Words' bill26 Jan 2015, 11:32 PM PDT
- Former Boy Scout describes emotional scars left by abuse from volunteer in California trial26 Jan 2015, 11:31 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- NFL's deflated footballs investigation reportedly focuses on Patriots locker room attendant27 Jan 2015, 1:00 AM PDT
- Iowa State holds on to top Texas27 Jan 2015, 12:13 AM PDT
- Ibaka, Thunder down Wolves27 Jan 2015, 12:09 AM PDT
- Davis, Pelicans easily handle 76ers27 Jan 2015, 12:04 AM PDT
- Grizzlies hold off Magic27 Jan 2015, 12:01 AM PDT