Portugal, which expelled its Jews in 1536, is now poised to adopt a “return law” for the Jewish and non-Jewish descendants of Portugal’s Sephardi Jews. This law was passed in 2013 and is expected to become “effective” by March 2015.
Earlier this week, the Qatar-based international Union of Muslim Scholars-- headed by Yusuf al-Qaradawi, the spiritual guide of Egypt’s banned Muslim Brotherhood-- called upon the United Nations to make “contempt of religions” illegal.
The cover is shocking, gruesome, and bold. It features the face of a woman encased in plastic, being smothered to death. A video shows the plastic wrapping being ripped open, “signifying the release of women from violence.”
Young teenage Muslim girls in Malaysia, wearing hijab, were so excited by popular Korean “boy” band B1A4 that they jumped onstage to hug and kiss (!) some musicians. They are now being asked to turn themselves in or face arrest.
Tonight, BBC Arabic will air a new documentary, Slaves of the Caliphate, which documents the horrendous plight of captured Yazidi girls and women. This film will be broadcast on BBC World on January 17, 2015.
The Islamists hacked her to death in broad daylight in Bangladesh and held the horrified onlookers at bay with firearms.
Nigerian Catholic Archbishop Ignatius Kaigama has called for “the same international support to tackle Boko Haram as France has received since it was hit by Islamist attacks last week.”
Sultan Haji Hassnal Bolkiah of Brunei has banned Christmas in his Kingdom. This latest ban was implemented “after a number of people were reportedly spotted wearing clothes resembling Santa Claus at Christmas time.”
At least four, possibly five French Jewish hostages, probably women who were shopping for the Sabbath, were killed by Jihadists before the French police stormed the kosher supermarket. The male and female pair of jihadists were demanding the freedom of the Charlie Hebdo jihadists.
A young Hindu couple in the Punjab dared to marry for love—but without permission from the bride’s family.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- The gender factor: Is that actually an obstacle for Hillary Clinton? 26 Jan 2015, 7:10 PM PDT
- Spokesman: Iowa governor taken by ambulance to hospital after falling ill26 Jan 2015, 11:43 AM PDT
- Argentine prosecutor, found dead, reportedly said Rouhani involved in bombing decision26 Jan 2015, 11:24 AM PDT
- Dropkick Murphys tell Gov. Walker: 'We literally hate you'26 Jan 2015, 10:51 AM PDT
- Obama administration to overhaul Medicare payments to doctors, hospitals26 Jan 2015, 10:43 AM PDT
Fox News National
- Feds: 3 charged in connection with Russian spy ring in New York26 Jan 2015, 2:00 PM PDT
- Ex-CIA officer convicted of leaking secrets to reporter 26 Jan 2015, 1:33 PM PDT
- Idaho lawmakers hear testimony about bill that would have protections for sexual orientation26 Jan 2015, 1:01 PM PDT
- Unlicensed, intoxicated driver who killed 2 cyclists during bike ride gets 15 to 40 years26 Jan 2015, 1:00 PM PDT
- Report: 911 calls show mother apologized after allegedly setting baby afire on roadway26 Jan 2015, 12:46 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Reds reach deal with C Mesoraco26 Jan 2015, 1:22 PM PDT
- Isles' Okposo sidelined 6-8 weeks26 Jan 2015, 1:09 PM PDT
- Revis makes these Patriots different26 Jan 2015, 1:02 PM PDT
- Sabres suspend D Zadorov26 Jan 2015, 12:54 PM PDT
- Solo could be left off World Cup roster; USSF won't say if she's to undergo alcohol treatment26 Jan 2015, 12:52 PM PDT