Last week, Federal Communications Commission Chairman Tom Wheeler announced, via an op-ed in Wired, magazine, that the FCC would reclassify the American Internet infrastructure as a utility under Title II of the Telecommunications Act of 1934.
Here in California, we regularly use the ballot initiative process to govern ourselves. Often, when a well-funded special interest is trying to ram through a change to the state’s laws, the opposition screams that the measure is a “solution without a problem.” The FCC’s potential actions in regards to Title II and the Internet fall in the same category. No one is crying out to be freed from the shackles of anything, anywhere, anytime broadband service.
There is a saying, that to see where someone’s heart is, see how they spend their money. In fact, this proverb is so well-worn, it first appears in the New Testament of the Bible–Luke 12:34–“For where your treasure is, so
It is impossible–actually impossible for the California Legislature not to screw up a good thing. Trees could begin growing dollar bills and they would create a commission to regulate them and charge onerous taxes to the people that picked them.
After watching the 2012 election, three California technologists, Garrett Johnson, Chris Abrams, and Aaron Ginn founded Lincoln Labs because they knew that when it came to political technology, conservatives could not sit back and wait for others to begin applying the
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Clinton created multiple email addresses on private server, data show 5 Mar 2015, 6:40 PM PDT
- Krauthammer on Clinton email scandal: 'She's a Clinton. And what the Clintons do is, never clear the air'5 Mar 2015, 5:55 PM PDT
- Exclusive: Internal cable from Clinton State Department office barred use of personal email5 Mar 2015, 4:17 PM PDT
- Aide tied to past Clinton scandals surfaces in controversy over emails5 Mar 2015, 3:53 PM PDT
- Fox News Poll: Walker seen as strong leader among GOP, Clinton’s honesty ratings drop5 Mar 2015, 2:54 PM PDT
Fox News National
- Philadelphia police officer dies after being shot in head at video game store5 Mar 2015, 5:51 PM PDT
- Federal agency seeking bids to keep thousands of rounded-up wild horses on private pastures5 Mar 2015, 4:00 PM PDT
- Motorist killed, 43 students taken to hospital after Washington State school bus crash5 Mar 2015, 3:17 PM PDT
- Missouri woman admits role in 2001 arson fire that killed 15-year-old son5 Mar 2015, 3:00 PM PDT
- No murder charge for 15-year-old girl held in brother's slaying; she will get probation5 Mar 2015, 3:00 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Bolts strike early, often against Leafs5 Mar 2015, 8:24 PM PDT
- Flyers trip up Blues with 3rd-period burst5 Mar 2015, 8:17 PM PDT
- Pominville, Wild come alive in 3rd to edge Capitals5 Mar 2015, 8:14 PM PDT
- Flames edge Bruins in SO5 Mar 2015, 8:13 PM PDT
- Wisconsin wins Big Ten title by beating Minnesota5 Mar 2015, 8:09 PM PDT