On Thursday, Senate President Pro Tem Kevin de Leon accused California Governor Jerry Brown of ignorance regarding the poor, urging Brown to spend more of the state’s funding on child care for working mothers.
Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck is taking criticism after acknowledging that the LAPD and business leaders met with Rene "Boxer" Enriquez, 52, a former shot caller for the Mexican mafia, while using public resources to aid his transportation and security. Beck said Thursday “mistakes were made” and pledged to “more thoroughly review future events before committing LAPD resources,” according to the Los Angeles Times.
The Republican-controlled Senate voted overwhelmingly to build the long-awaited Keystone XL pipeline on Thursday--and they brought along nine Democrats, as well.
According to a Gallup poll released on Thursday, demographic shifts in age may favor Republicans over time.
The Public Policy Institute of California has conducted a new poll that suggests Californians are delighted with Barack Obama, Governor Jerry Brown, and even the Democrat-run state legislature.
In a case of life coming full circle, the college that inspired the film Animal House, Dartmouth College, will ban hard alcohol on campus due to what Dartmouth President Philip J. Hanlon called “extreme behaviors,” adding that “it is hard alcohol — rather than just beer or wine — that lands students on a hospital gurney.”
The California Supreme Court, interfering in the affairs of the Boy Scouts, decided on Friday to bar judges from belonging to the Boy Scouts because of the organization’s "invidious" discrimination against gays, triggering an angry outburst from one judge and like-minded opposition from others.
According to a new survey conducted by Public Policy Polling before the Super Bowl, Americans largely prefer the Seattle Seahawks, viewing them much more favorably and rooting for them to defeat the New England Patriots.
Riccardo Pacifici, the president of Rome's Jewish community, had an eerie and awful experience when visiting Auschwitz with a TV crew to commemorate the liberation of Auschwitz: he found himself locked inside the camp.
A man wanted for attempted murder in Romania was arrested in Orinda, California on Monday after police received a call about him panhandling outside a grocery, according to the San Jose Mercury News.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Michelle Obama defends 'American Sniper' at veterans event31 Jan 2015, 12:00 AM PDT
- Texas bill would allow teachers to use deadly force against students30 Jan 2015, 11:00 PM PDT
- 1,000 'criminal aliens' released by ICE committed new crimes, Grassley says30 Jan 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- Romney exit resets 2016 field, gives boost to Bush30 Jan 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- Juan Williams on Romney’s decision not to run in 2016: “Mitt, your time has passed”30 Jan 2015, 6:14 PM PDT
Fox News National
- Police: Atlanta area man shot dead trying to rob dog breeder31 Jan 2015, 8:36 AM PDT
- Aaron Hernandez won't be allowed to watch the Super Bowl31 Jan 2015, 8:33 AM PDT
- Judge: Funeral home wrongly sold Lee Harvey Oswald's casket31 Jan 2015, 8:21 AM PDT
- Navy abandons 'Global force for good' in newest commercials to broaden appeal31 Jan 2015, 8:16 AM PDT
- Cruelty charges brought after NYC cops say they saved beaten puppy buried alive in a snowbank31 Jan 2015, 8:15 AM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Shockers and Panthers meet in pivotal MVC melee31 Jan 2015, 8:46 AM PDT
- Badgers visit Hawkeyes in Big Ten brawl31 Jan 2015, 8:46 AM PDT
- DePaul entertains No. 7 Villanova31 Jan 2015, 8:46 AM PDT
- Flames eye bounce-back effort against Oilers31 Jan 2015, 8:28 AM PDT
- First-place Bolts try to extend run at home vs. Blue Jackets31 Jan 2015, 8:26 AM PDT