49.5% of Americans Pay No Federal Income Tax, Can Obama Get that Number to 51% by November?

Under Barack Obama, the number of people not paying federal income taxes in America has officially hit 49.5%. That means almost half of America, or 151.7 million Americans, are enjoying privileges or living off benefits the other 50.5% pay for. What kind of benefits am I talking about? Almost every kind you think about.

For example, the number of Americans on food stamps has risen to a record 45.8 million. The previous record was 31 million in 2009. Likewise, the number of people using free government-provided cell phones has shot up exponentially. In 2008, the free cell phone program cost tax-payers $772 million, and in 2011 it cost $1.6 billion. (Those free cell phones are expensive.)  Free school breakfasts and lunches have been complimented with free school dinners under Obama, and programs to provide meals to kids during the summer have even been added. Moreover, jobless benefits have been extended to 99 weeks under Obama, and thanks to his new HHS mandate, contraception will now be free for nearly everyone as well.

And although some of the programs might be temporarily justifiable for families that are literally down and out–truly at the point of no return–99 weeks of anything can only create dependence. This is proven by the fact that some of the long-term unemployed are now filing claims for mental illness and other disabilities with Social Security once their 99 weeks are over. (These mental health claims unlock even more free government monies for them.)

No wonder Obama is being called the “food stamp president.”


He gives your kids 3 square meals a day, and he gives you a phone, contraceptives, and spending money via unemployment benefits for which you don’t have to pay federal income taxes.

Besides the problem these programs create by destroying the drive for independence in so many of those who enroll, an even greater problem is that they provide Obama with a voting bloc he can count on to cast ballots for him in November. (This goes a long way in explaining how, even with gas prices going through the roof, Obama’s favorable poll numbers manage to climb up near 50% every now and then.)

Think about it this way: 49.5% of Americans pay no federal income tax, and as a result a majority of them have probably sworn fealty to Obama. I wonder what he plans to do to win over a portion of the remaining 50.5% of Americans between now and November?

How about free gas cards for middle-class families in swing states?


Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.