A new CNN poll has found that more than half of Americans believe abortion should be restricted, and a majority of Americans oppose taxpayer funding of abortions.
According to CNN, 27 percent of those surveyed said abortion should be legal in all circumstances, while 13 percent said the practice should be legal in most circumstances. However, 38 percent of those polled said abortion should be legal in few circumstances and 20 percent said it should always be illegal, leaving a total of 58 percent who said abortion should be restricted to few situations or always illegal.
Most Americans have never supported taxpayer funding of abortion and, according to this survey, 56 percent remain opposed and only 39 percent favor taxpayer funding of the practice of abortion.
However, the poll also found that 49 percent of Americans say women who receive government subsidies for health insurance should be able to obtain a health insurance plan that covers the practice of abortion, while 49 percent disagreed.
The eugenicist nature of the practice of abortion has been in the news recently, as a New York City report demonstrated that more black babies were aborted than born in 2012 in that city.
In addition, data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has revealed that 71.67 percent of babies aborted in Mississippi are black, while 26.6 percent are white. In addition, 53.6 percent of babies aborted in Georgia are black.
ORC International conducted the telephone poll for CNN, with 1,010 adults participating. The poll’s overall sampling error is plus or minus three percentage points.