President Donald Trump remains on the short list to be named Time magazine’s Person of the Year despite his refusal to give the outlet an interview.
The complete list of finalists:
- President Donald Trump
- North Korean Dictator Kim Jong-un
- Chinese President Xi Jinping
- Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos
- Former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick
- The Dreamers
- Special counsel Robert Mueller
- Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins
- The #METOO movement:
— Charlie Spiering (@charliespiering) December 4, 2017
Trump was named Person of the Year in 2016 but said on Twitter that he would not participate in the contest this year.
“Time Magazine called to say that I was PROBABLY going to be named ‘Man (Person) of the Year,’ like last year, but I would have to agree to an interview and a major photo shoot,” he wrote on Twitter in November. “I said probably is no good and took a pass. Thanks anyway!”
The 2017 Person of the Year will be unveiled on NBC’s Today show on Wednesday morning.