The Public Broadcasting System’s taxpayer-funded ‘Sesame Street’ has, at cursory glance, presented young American children with what colorfully appears to be one of television’s few safe havens of educational fun.
Yet, embedded in its visually intoxicating muppetry and otherwise innocently entertaining educational content there lurks highly controversial political messages designed to promote multiculturalism and global citizenship:
[youtube MYXJlfcfFKU nolink]
“We all sing with the same voice, the same song, the same voice. We all sing with the same voice and we sing in harmony…
I live in southern France, I’m from a Texas ranch, I come from Mecca and Peru… I come from everywhere, and my name is you…”
That’s right kids! We’re ‘All’ the ‘same’… um, except that we’re all different.
As Orwell deconstructed: “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”
What next, “Monsters are entitled to their opinions and those opinions deserve equal respect to humans”?
Our tax dollars by the $tens of millions$ have been redistributed to the CPB/PBS for decades to ‘help’ its social change agents reach into our homes and preach the gospel of multiculturalism.
It is both ironic and hypocritical that the folks producing and airing such socially conscious segments for “Sesame Street” would certainly be among the very first to intolerantly decry the holy leftist “separation of church and state!” political canard.
Kermit the frog once sang: “It’s not that easy being green.”
Neither it seems is it that easy for leftists to foment coherent messaging, even towards our kids simmering in the pot. For those that argue, ‘just turn off the TV,’ I agree and that’s all well and good. The trouble is that we are not free to turn off the statist confiscation of our hard earned money that funds this nonsense.
When is the last time God Bless America was sung, or the Pledge of Allegiance recited on ‘Sesame Street?’
- Our taxpayer-funded institutions of public education are using everyone’s hard earned dollars to inculcate the anti-American sovereignty values of progressives’ sectarian belief systems (e.g., ‘global citizenship’ & teaching for ‘social justice’).
- Public schools are undermining patriotic exercises like the Pledge of Allegiance, while promoting outside political advocacy groups such as the American Bar Association to instruct ‘Pledge of Tolerance’ lesson plans.
- The American president misappropriates Department of Education funds to produce a lesson plan designed to marginalize children away from their parents to Serve.gov himself as their iconic leader.
- The National Education Association is recommends Saul Alinsky texts while hawking the president’s government control of health care.
- The First Lady is peddling her little agrarian gardens.
- The National Endowment for the Arts is being exploited to promote one-sided legislative agendas.
- The Corporation for Public Broadcasting is producing anti-American-values-propaganda disguised as education.
Americans should demand the withdrawal of funding from divisive social justice organizers and educators whose goal is to subvert the family and our national motto, E Pluribus Unum.