Last week, Sensei extended his call streak to five straight weeks. This time around involves a true showdown at the top. Time to place your bets.
Revenue results and predictions go as follows:
1. “Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted” ($55 million) – Tough to beat a family-friendly franchise that doesn’t overload its concept with political junk (“Happy Feet Two”) and sticks with its original characters. Much like the “Ice Age” franchise, this will remain consistent enough to take the top spot.
2. “Prometheus” ($50 million) – Normally a film this anticipated would easily take the weekend crown, but “Men In Black 3” and “The Avengers” will take away just enough action audiences to lower it to the runner-up position. Still, film can do very well in the coming weeks if it can develop some very positive word of mouth.
3. “Snow White and the Huntsman” ($31 million) – Film still commands the female audiences and will post a healthy drop for a non franchise/sequel. So far, very positive results on this one.
4. “Men In Black 3″ ($14 million) – Film currently trails “Men In Black 2” in box office earned to this point. Those prospects will not improve this weekend.
5. “The Avengers” (11.4 million) – No worries on the drop here. Film has a lot more box office ahead of it in the coming weeks.
Have a fun weekend.