Last week, Sensei extended his call streak to six straight weeks. Not too shabby.
This time around, the box office hopes to capitalize on the Father’sDay frame with a mixture of Adam Sandler and feel good nostalgia.
Weekend predictions and revenue results go as follows:
1. “Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted” ($32 million) – Really it could just bethe lack of competition. Nevertheless, look for the Summer’s firstrepeat champion since “The Avengers.”
2. “That’s My Boy” ($25 million) – Film will open in thethis Father’s Day. Still, definitely not the higher results we wereused to seeing from Adam Sandler films.
3. “Prometheus” ($22 million) – Expect quite a drop heresince word of mouth is lukewarm at best. Overall, not the result thestudio was hoping for in the second week.
4. “Rock Of Ages” ($20.7 million) – The feel good qualityhere is encouraging, and the film is unique enough to grab attention.Unfortunately, this rock anthem musical lacks momentum because of itsshoe-string marketing. If not careful, it could easily open in the
5. “Snow White and the Huntsman” ($11 million) – In lightof this film’s $170 million production budget, film will need tosustain itself for quite some time to become profitable. Studio will bewatching this one very careful in light of their expensive
#. “The Avengers” ($5.8 million) – Film may be falling outof the top five, but will easily be comforted by breaking the $580million domestic mark. Quite amazing.
Happy Father’s Day everyone.