(AP) Hollywood reacts to the death of Tony Scott
The Associated Press
With a career that spanned three decades and included hits such as “Top Gun” and “True Romance,” filmmaker Tony Scott touched many in the Hollywood community:
– “Tony was my dear friend and I will really miss him. He was a creative visionary whose mark on film is immeasurable. My deepest sorrow and thoughts are with his family at this time.” – Tom Cruise.
– “My deepest sympathies go out to Tony’s family. He was a great director and wonderful collaborator. He will be deeply missed.” – Eddie Murphy.
– “Tony was always sensitive to the needs of an actor. We’ve lost a wonderful, creative talent.” – Gene Hackman.
– “Tony was one of the good guys. He was a man’s man who lived life as hard and as full as anyone I’ve ever met, but there was always a sweetness to his toughness. He was truly in love with his profession, and he is already missed.” – Kevin Costner.
– “Prayers And Blessings To The Family Of Fellow Director Tony Scott And Brother Ridley. God Bless You.” -Spike Lee, on Twitter.
– “So sad to hear the news about Tony Scott. His movies made growing up more fun for me. My prayers and condolences to the Scott family.” – Justin Timberlake, on Twitter.
– “Saddened by the death of Tony Scott. A wonderful film maker and a funny, sweet guy. My condolences to his family.” – Susan Sarandon, via Twitter.
– “No more Tony Scott movies. Tragic day.” – Ron Howard tweeted.
– “The death of Tony Scott is shocking and saddening. He was an inspired craftsman.” – Roger Ebert, via Twitter.
– “So sad to hear about Tony Scott. A master of grand action, nail biting pace and atmosphere. A real loss to film making.” – Writer-actor Simon Pegg, on Twitter.
– “Taking a moment to reflect on Tony Scott’s life & work! My sympathies to his family. Feeling the loss!” -Samuel L. Jackson, via Twitter.
– “I am so shocked & completely saddened over hearing that Tony Scott passed away today. He was such an amazing spirit, full of life & passion.” – Mena Suvari, on Twitter.
– “So very, very sorry to hear of the death of Tony Scott. A terrible, terrible loss of a truly talented, brilliant man.” – Tweeted Martha Plimpton.
– “Tony Scott. Damn. Great knowing you, buddy. Thanks for the inspiration, advice, encouragement, and the decades of great entertainment.” – Filmmaker Robert Rodriguez, on Twitter.
– “Can’t quite believe we have lost the brilliance of Tony Scott, as a filmmaker and a friend.” _ Veteran producer Frank Marshall, via Twitter.
– “Tony Scott director of my favorite movie man on fire. ” I wish you had more time “” – Tweeted Chris Rock.
– “One of the brightest lights in the industry has gone out. Tony was an accomplished creative and passionate producer and director. As an executive producer of `Numb3rs,’ and most recently `The Good Wife,’ he was a longtime friend of CBS, and we are deeply shocked and saddened over this loss. Our thoughts and condolences go out to his family.” – Statement from CBS Television Network and CBS Television Studios.
– “It’s very difficult to express the depth of our shock and sadness over Tony’s death. We’re at a loss. His work has always inspired us and our thoughts are with his family.” – “The Good Wife” creators and executive producers Robert King & Michelle King.