California Gov. Jerry Brown on Sunday signed legislation extending the state’s $100 million tax-credit fund for two more years.
The measure allows California producers a 20 percent or 25 percent credit against income and sales and use taxes and is designed to help stem the production exodus that has plagued the state in recent years.
“The state of California took a big step forward today, thanks to Governor Brown and the legislature,” said Christopher Dodd, chairman and chief executive officer of the Motion Picture Association of America. “The two-year extension of the state’s production tax credit will keep California competitive for tens of thousands of production-related jobs. This is an important victory for California’s economy, our national economy, and the hardworking men and women who comprise the film and television industry….”
The bills had strong backing from TV and film producers and a coalition of labor groups including SAG-AFTRA, the Directors Guild, the California Teamsters Public Affairs Council, Teamsters Local 399, Professional Musicians Local 47. IATSE and the Recording Musicians Association.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Boehner confirms lawsuit against Obama, defends Netanyahu invitation28 Jan 2015, 3:49 PM PDT
- Colorado to California: Hands off our water28 Jan 2015, 3:47 PM PDT
- Fox News Poll: 47 percent say Obama downplays threat from Islamic terrorists28 Jan 2015, 3:45 PM PDT
- Washington state Dems reject national education standards known as Common Core28 Jan 2015, 3:15 PM PDT
- Obama calls Hagel a 'true American patriot' at farewell ceremony28 Jan 2015, 2:59 PM PDT
Fox News National
- Officials confirm first sighting of Sierra Nevada red fox in Yosemite in nearly 100 years28 Jan 2015, 4:01 PM PDT
- Pentagon Unveils Program to Help Build 6th Generation Fighter28 Jan 2015, 3:41 PM PDT
- Judge orders state to return tigers, lion hours after they're seized at Ohio animal sanctuary28 Jan 2015, 3:16 PM PDT
- US Coast Guard rescues 2 American boaters stranded on tiny uninhabited island in Bahamas28 Jan 2015, 3:02 PM PDT
- Arkansas education board votes to take over Little Rock School District after poor test scores28 Jan 2015, 3:01 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- New challenges lurking in Phoenix Open at renovated TPC Scottsdale28 Jan 2015, 4:01 PM PDT
- Angels, Freese avoid arbitration28 Jan 2015, 3:42 PM PDT
- Kings take Toffoli off IR28 Jan 2015, 3:39 PM PDT
- Former British Open winner, US Open runner-up Kel Nagle of Australia dies at age 9428 Jan 2015, 3:34 PM PDT
- EWU's Adams has offer from Oregon28 Jan 2015, 3:22 PM PDT