California Gov. Jerry Brown on Sunday signed legislation extending the state’s $100 million tax-credit fund for two more years.
The measure allows California producers a 20 percent or 25 percent credit against income and sales and use taxes and is designed to help stem the production exodus that has plagued the state in recent years.
“The state of California took a big step forward today, thanks to Governor Brown and the legislature,” said Christopher Dodd, chairman and chief executive officer of the Motion Picture Association of America. “The two-year extension of the state’s production tax credit will keep California competitive for tens of thousands of production-related jobs. This is an important victory for California’s economy, our national economy, and the hardworking men and women who comprise the film and television industry….”
The bills had strong backing from TV and film producers and a coalition of labor groups including SAG-AFTRA, the Directors Guild, the California Teamsters Public Affairs Council, Teamsters Local 399, Professional Musicians Local 47. IATSE and the Recording Musicians Association.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Holder calls police shootings 'act of barbarism'20 Dec 2014, 6:55 PM PDT
- White House 'pleased' Sony is looking for ways to distribute movie after cyberattack20 Dec 2014, 12:29 PM PDT
- E-Z Pass helps states clock motorists’ speeds; accounts suspended for repeat offenders20 Dec 2014, 11:11 AM PDT
- Pentagon returns four Guantanamo detainees to Afghanistan20 Dec 2014, 8:32 AM PDT
- Iowa ‘firing up’ for flood of presidential hopefuls20 Dec 2014, 7:29 AM PDT
Fox News National
- 2 dozen injured in southern Indiana bus crash20 Dec 2014, 5:42 PM PDT
- 2 NYPD officers shot, killed in ambush on cop car20 Dec 2014, 2:24 PM PDT
- Police: 2 NYC officers critically hurt after being shot in patrol car, suspect believed dead20 Dec 2014, 1:31 PM PDT
- Kenya to US: Our terror laws are better than yours, which lack checks and balances20 Dec 2014, 1:15 PM PDT
- California cop kills teen who attack him with machete, police say 20 Dec 2014, 11:53 AM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Boxing legend Muhammad Ali hospitalized with mild case of pneumonia21 Dec 2014, 1:00 AM PDT
- Texas Southern stuns No. 25 Michigan State in OT20 Dec 2014, 8:27 PM PDT
- Texas holds off Long Beach State20 Dec 2014, 8:26 PM PDT
- Blue Jackets down Blackhawks in 9th round of SO20 Dec 2014, 8:21 PM PDT
- Air Force runs past Western Michigan in Potato Bowl20 Dec 2014, 8:18 PM PDT