California Gov. Jerry Brown on Sunday signed legislation extending the state’s $100 million tax-credit fund for two more years.
The measure allows California producers a 20 percent or 25 percent credit against income and sales and use taxes and is designed to help stem the production exodus that has plagued the state in recent years.
“The state of California took a big step forward today, thanks to Governor Brown and the legislature,” said Christopher Dodd, chairman and chief executive officer of the Motion Picture Association of America. “The two-year extension of the state’s production tax credit will keep California competitive for tens of thousands of production-related jobs. This is an important victory for California’s economy, our national economy, and the hardworking men and women who comprise the film and television industry….”
The bills had strong backing from TV and film producers and a coalition of labor groups including SAG-AFTRA, the Directors Guild, the California Teamsters Public Affairs Council, Teamsters Local 399, Professional Musicians Local 47. IATSE and the Recording Musicians Association.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- California lawmakers seeking national monument designations for landscapes1 Mar 2015, 12:54 AM PDT
- Feds mark Chicago's Pullman neighborhood for rich history 28 Feb 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- Colleges using coffers for financial aid to illegal immigrants stirs debate on immigration reform28 Feb 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- US rethinking plan to retake Mosul from ISIS28 Feb 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- Reports of possible deal on DHS funding reignites chatter about Boehner ouster28 Feb 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
Fox News National
- Cleveland officials say Tamir Rice's death caused because of his own actions1 Mar 2015, 1:29 AM PDT
- Completely blind dog returned to owner after 2 weeks in frigid weather28 Feb 2015, 11:29 PM PDT
- South Florida police chief uses job pressure as catalyst for arrest28 Feb 2015, 11:11 PM PDT
- Suspect sought in Los Angeles street race that left 2 spectators dead turns himself in28 Feb 2015, 11:02 PM PDT
- Navy recognizes tribe's connection to California island; will turn over remains, sacred items28 Feb 2015, 10:45 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Yang rallies to win Honda LPGA Thailand1 Mar 2015, 3:09 AM PDT
- Dayton hopes to build off banner season1 Mar 2015, 3:05 AM PDT
- Broncos down Aztecs in MWC battle1 Mar 2015, 12:03 AM PDT
- Hoffman scores twice as Senators beat Sharks1 Mar 2015, 12:02 AM PDT
- BYU ends No. 3 Gonzaga's 41-game home win streak28 Feb 2015, 11:47 PM PDT