Get ready for the mainstream media’s last big sucker punch before next Tuesday’s presidential election. Raising money for the victims of disaster by doing a benefit concert is nothing new. But NBC is trotting out all of its favorite anti-Romney celebrities to do it. There are zero – count ‘em, zero – country stars. There are, however, several open advocates for President Obama, including:
- Bruce Springsteen: The old hack has been touring around doing fundraising for Obama for months. A couple of weeks ago, Springsteen performed in Ohio, where he debuted a new song he wrote for the President. The song was titled “Forward.” The lyrics: “I kissed your sister and I kissed your mama/ Usually this time of day I’m in your pajamas / Let’s vote for the man who got Osama / Forward and away we go.” Really. It continues: “I came to Ohio lookin’ for a date / We kissed and I said it’s a helluva state / We made love but it wasn’t so great / Forward, and away we go / Smilin’ Joe, he really brought the drama / Tuesday, Romney was schooled by Obama / Forward!”
- Jon Bon Jovi: He’s been playing fundraisers for Obama in Iowa, among other places.
- Sting: He has said that Obama was “sent from God.” Really.
- Christina Aguilera: She’s an official Hillary Clinton honoree. And ogle-ee.
- Billy Joel: In 2008, he did concerts for Obama.
The event will be hosted by Obama official ring-kisser Matt Lauer, Obama softball-questioner Brian Williams, and Obama slow-jammer Jimmy Fallon.
Watch for the network to turn this into an ode to Obama’s grand and glorious leadership during Hurricane Sandy.