Sensei’s call streak extended to 13 weeks last week. We’ve reachedthe last predictions of the year and – how fitting – a long call streak ison the line.
Sensei’s weekend predictions and revenue results go as follows.
1. “The Hobbit” ($31 million) -Film is set to repeat as the weekend’s top film. This, and the rest ofthis weekend’s films, will post strong holds from last weekend’s boxoffice totals. Some will even post increases.
2. “Les Misérables” ($28 million) – The movie musical’s back! Film opened strong on Christmas Day, expect a very healthy weekend gross.
3. “Django Unchained” ($25 million) -You wouldn’t think the Christmas holiday would be the best time torelease a western. Nevertheless, audience buzz is very high for QuentinTarantino’s latest action epic. Expect high returns.
4. “Jack Reacher” ($16 million) – Filmis set to actually increase from last weekend’s total. Oh how the boxoffice Santa box office loves hold-overs this time of year.
5. “Parental Guidance” ($12 million) – Notreally a high profile release (at least compared to the other filmsthis weekend), but it does boast Billy Crystal. Film will draw in enoughcross-generational audiences to grab a top five spot.
In other calls:
Look for “Silver Linings Playbook” to grab around $5 million off its theater expansion.
That’s Sensei’s calls. It’s been a pleasure to be with Big Hollywood readers this year. All the best to you and a happy new year.