Lastweek gave Sensei another strong prediction result. This weekwas supposed to a be a quiet box office weekend, but now has all sortsof drama thanks in part to Mother Nature.
Sensei’s weekend predictions and revenue results go as follows:
1. “Identity Thief” ($24 million) -Pretty much has the frame to itself, but a massive blizzard isthreatening the east coast. On top of that, problems noted here byChristian Toto isn’t adding much confidence to its word of mouth. Let’sface it, film isn’t exactly screaming with high star appeal to beginwith, so even the slightest box office negative will knock it down considerably from a breakout opening.
2. “Warm Bodies” ($10.7 million) -Have to feel for this one. Last week it faced the Super Bowl. This weekit faces an east coast blizzard. Still, film does carry very positiveword of mouth and will pull in another strong weekend finish. Impressiveresults considering what’s it’s up against.
3. “Side Effects” ($9.8 million) -Film’s marketing has been beyond confusing. Adding to its troubles isthe lack of box office demand for this type of medical drama. Most willsimply tune out to wait for next week’s A Good Day To Die Hard and Beautiful Creatures.
4. “Silver Linings Playbook” ($6.5 million) – Isthere anything Jennifer Lawrence can’t do? Another strong weekend herewill help set up her “potential” Best Actress win at the Oscars. She’salready the youngest person to ever be nominated for two Best ActressOscars, quite the achievement.
5. “Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters” ($5 million) – Film has had a very disappointing box office run. As of now, it will struggle just to reach the $50 million domestic mark.
That’s Sensei’s calls. Enjoy the weekend.