Sensei extended his call streak to six weeks last week. This week will mark another box office lesson for Hollywood’s film industry.
Sensei’s weekend predictions and revenue results go as follows:
1. “Oz the Great and Powerful” ($80 million) -For many in Hollywood hyping the idea of the “era of Disney” being over(since they refuse to play politics in their projects), they’re goingto get a huge wake up call this weekend. Film will open strong in such awide open marketplace for families, and its multiple in coming weekswill become the envy of those very studios preaching Disney’s decline.
2. “Jack the Giant Slayer” ($12 million) - A huge drop is all but assured against Oz the Great and Powerful. The coming weeks will tell us if this film can make high margins.
3. “Identity Thief” ($5.8 million) -Became the first film to break the $100 million domestic mark this year,that’s the good news. The bad news is it’s lost a lot of box officesteam in recent days.
4. “Dead Man Down” ($4.5 million) – Thisone won’t open high, but it wasn’t expected to. Colin Farrell has beenstruggling at the box office for some time. This result will be nodifferent. Hard to imagine that he was once pegged “the next Tom Cruise”back when he co-starred in Minority Report. My, how things change.
5. “Snitch” ($4.4 million) – Slowly and quietly, this one’s putting together a nice box office run.
That’s Sensei’s calls. Enjoy the weekend.