Sensei scored one of his highest accuracy weekends last week.Sensei’s streak calling the correct no. 1 film now stands at seven weeks.
Sensei’s weekend predictions and revenue results go as follows:
1. “Oz the Great and Powerful” ($43 million) -As mentioned last week, for those in Hollywood hyping the idea of theprojects), watch carefully as Oz will finish around the $150 million mark in just two weeks. That’s serious box office. The political crowd can keep their low grossing Promised Land wannabes.
2. “The Incredible Burt Wonderstone” ($14 million) – Magicians are fun. Film will pull a decent opening, but nowhere near past Steve Carell or Jim Carrey comedy entries.
3. “The Call” ($9.8 million) -The film’s concept feels like an old-school suspense thriller. That’sgood. Unfortunately, the film’s early buzz makes it feel like another Cellular. That film opened to just $10 million in 2004.
4. “Jack the Giant Killer” ($4.7 million) – Thefilm’s $195 million production budget looms large over this one.Currently the project has earned only $45 million in domestic dollars. Ouch.
5. “Identity Thief” ($4 million) – The film’s run in the top five ends this week. Film appeared strong earlier, but has really struggled as of late. Film will leave theaters much sooner than expected.
That’s Sensei’s calls. Enjoy the weekend.