Sensei extended his call streak to nine weeks last week. Any surprises this time around?
Sensei’s weekend predictions and revenue results go as follows:
1. “GI Joe: Retaliation” ($35 million) -Film is set up to win, but be very careful. All depends on audienceword of mouth. If that turns negative at the start of the weekend, lookfor The Croods to make a run at the top spot. Film looks to decrease from the original GI Joe opening. Much like Wrath Of The Titans did after Clash Of The Titans.
2. “The Croods” ($26 million) - As mentioned before, film waits in the wings if GI Joe should decline dramatically over the weekend.
3. “The Host” ($19 million) – Something for Twilight fans to chew on. That’s not a bad proposition for box office success.
4. “Olympus Has Fallen” ($16 million) – Easily becoming the year’s most successful action film. Could even out-gross A Good Day To Die Hard in coming weeks.
5. “Tyler Perry’s Temptation” ($13 million) – A lower opening compared to Tyler Perry’s past entries, but considering how inexpensive his films are – no worries.
That’s Sensei’s calls. Enjoy the weekend.