Sensei extended his call streak to ten weeks last week. Can the horror genre rise to take the top spot?
Sensei’s weekend predictions and revenue results go as follows:
1. “Evil Dead” ($28 million) -Quite the surprise here, but going with the horror remake to take theframe. Even though other films will post decent holds, this one is setup perfectly to pull a surprise finish. Is it possible that Sam Raimi’sback after Oz: The Great and Powerful and this? Perhaps, but won’t be easy making up for his Spider-Man 3 debacle.
2. “GI Joe: Retaliation” ($19.3 million) – Tough call here for the runner-up spot. Will face quite a test from The Croods. I’ll give the Joes a slight edge.
3. “The Croods” ($19 million) -Has its eye on the second place spot. With family audiences as itsbacking (not to mention positive word of mouth), such a result is morethan possible.
4. “Jurassic Park 3D” ($14 million) – Easilyone of the strongest entries to be converted to 3D. The problem isoverall interest in the 3D conversions remains on the decline.
5. “Tyler Perry’s Temptation” ($9 million) – On track to be one of Tyler Perry’s most successful films ever.
That’s Sensei’s calls. Enjoy the weekend.