Sadly,Sensei’s call streak ended at eleven weeks last week. The dreadedWeinsteins got Sensei again. We have sci-fi returning this week, butjust how high can it soar?
Sensei’s weekend predictions and revenue results go as follows:
1. “Oblivion” ($32 million) – Sensei feels generous with this call. Despite mediocre buzz, the film’s visuals look enough to lure a Book Of Eli-likeopening. It also helps that the film has more than 3,700 theaters to workwith. That’s an impressive number considering how Tom Cruise’s lastfilm (Rock Of Ages) was a considerable flop. Having him back in the sci-fi genre looks to already be helping his box office status.
2. “42” ($19 million) – Having already achieved the highest baseball film opening ever, look for another solid weekend to add to the tally.
3. “The Croods” ($8.6 million) – Film will easily break the $150 million domestic mark this weekend.
4. “GI Joe: Retaliation” ($7 million) – This, and Olympus Has Fallen, have a firm hold on the action audiences right now.
5. “The Place Beyond the Pines” ($5.1 million) – Expands to more than 1,500 theaters this weekend. Audience buzz remains very positive. Look for a solid result here.
That’s Sensei’s calls. Enjoy the weekend.