Sensei had very close calls last week, assuring his prediction accuracy over other prediction sites. This week looks to be a record buster.
Sensei’s weekend predictions and revenue results go as follows:
1. “Iron Man 3” ($162 million) – Iron Man is easily the most popular Avenger. Get set for a high opening worthy all that Avengers buzz still surrounding it. Go big or go home.
2. “Pain and Gain” ($9 million) – As for everyone else? Holdovers will be happy to get any box office they can in Iron Man’s wake.
3. “Oblivion” ($8.2 million) – Film will easily pass the $75 million domestic mark. Still, its $120 million production budget looms big over it.
4. “42” ($6 million) – Will pass fellow baseball hits Moneyball and The Rookie in domestic box office this weekend. All that remains is chasing down A League Of Their Own’s final take (listed as $107 million) to become the highest grossing baseball film.
5. “The Croods” ($4.5 million) – Will pass the total gross of Kung Fu Panda 2 ($165 million) to continue its impressive box office run.
That’s Sensei’s calls. Enjoy the weekend.