Sensei extended his streak last week. This weekend, get ready for the return of an icon.
Sensei’s weekend predictions and revenue results go as follows:
1. “Man Of Steel” ($108 million) – Consideringthis one is a reboot of the classic character, complete with new facesand production teams, this is an amazing box office opening. Also, bevery careful with the film critics. Liberal ones will try to bash thispic (considering Superman is a very conventional character who is hardlyrewritten). Their aim is to influence more political changes in the Man Of Steel’s future installments. My advice is to ignore these critics entirely this weekend.
2. “This Is the End” ($27 million) – Lovewhat I’m seeing here. The premise is great, and instead of relying onjust one comic actor as the lead (which hasn’t been that great at thebox office), this one brings us a whole diverse cast to enjoy. Look forhealthy results here.
3. “Now You See Me” ($10 million) – Despite being against Man Of Steel, film will again pull decent numbers.
4. “Fast & Furious 6” ($9.7 million) – Film will pass Fast Fiveto become the franchise’s highest grossing domestic entry. Living outyour box office future, one quarter mile at a time, is working out justfine for this one.
5. “The Purge” ($9.5 million) – Filmsin this genre usually post big second weekend drops. No worries though,considering how this film only cost $3 million to produce, this one hasplenty of box office treasure to grab in coming weeks.
That’s Sensei’s calls. Enjoy the weekend.