Sensei’s call streak calling the correct top film stands at 11 straight weeks. This weekend, it’s “go big or go home.”
Sensei’s weekend predictions and revenue results go as follows:
1. “Pacific Rim” ($52 million) – Ismell a break-out opening. Buzz is high and early reviews (not fromcritics, but the ones who really matter–the target audience) are high.Buckle in for some box office fireworks.
2. “Despicable Me 2” ($47 million) – The safe pick to win the weekend. Could still happen, but I see it differently from the other prediction sites.
3. “Grown Ups 2” ($42 million)– I’m going with the high end of calls here, but could easily seeingthis film drop much lower. The cast remains fun, but talk about strongcompetition for that elusive younger male demographic (Pacific Rim).
4. “The Heat” ($14.2 million) – Is in great position to break the $100 million domestic mark this week. Quite impressive.
5. “The Lone Ranger” ($13.7 million) – Filmshould break the low 70s, but the box office nightmare continues.Tough seeing this one suffer when Jerry Bruckheimer has provided suchgreat fun (and box office success) in the past. Film is deeply haunted by its 215 million dollar production budget.
That’s Sensei’s calls. Enjoy the weekend.