SIGN UP FOR THE BREITBART EMAIL NEWSLETTER

George Clooney's 'Monuments Men' Pushed to 2014

George Clooney's 'Monuments Men' Pushed to 2014

(AP) George Clooney’s ‘Monuments Men’ pushed to 2014
NEW YORK
George Clooney’s World War II drama “The Monuments Men” is being pushed to 2014 and out of the fall awards season.

A spokesman for Sony Pictures said Wednesday that the film will now be released in the first quarter of next year, instead of its planned release date of Dec. 18. “Monuments Men,” which Clooney directed, co-wrote and stars in, had been expected to be a top Oscar contender.

The film could still compete for awards next year, but the early-in-the-year positioning suggests Sony doesn’t expect it to. Sony said the film is being delayed so Clooney can finish the film’s extensive visual effects.

The film is about a WWII platoon whose mission is to rescue artworks from the Nazis.

The Los Angeles Times first reported the release date change.

P.S. DO YOU WANT MORE ARTICLES
LIKE THIS ONE DELIVERED RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX?
SIGN UP FOR THE DAILY BREITBART NEWSLETTER.


Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.

SIGN UP FOR THE OFFICIAL
BREITBART EMAIL NEWSLETTER

GET TODAY'S TOP NEWS DELIVERED RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX

I don't want to get today's top news.

x