Actors across generations paid tribute today to Harold Ramis, the mind behind iconic films like Caddyshack, Vacation and Ghostbusters.
Ramis, who died after a battle with a rare autoimmune-related disease, created a body of work that influenced his peers and current comedians alike. A running theme in the following online tributes, though, was about Ramis’s big heart, not just his outsized talents.
Devastated about Harold Ramis…Groundhog Day is my favorite movie of all time. He made people happy and influenced so many, including me.
– Kat Dennings (@OfficialKat) February 24, 2014
If you’re my age and got into comedy, Harold Ramis was one of the reasons. Life is fast and over too soon.
– Zach Braff (@zachbraff) February 24, 2014
So sad to lose Harold Ramis. Ghostbuster, Groundhog, and Moe Green. A funny and very nice man. Rest in peace, Harold
– Fred Willard (@Fred_Willard) February 24, 2014
Harold Ramis is one of my true all-time comedy heroes and influences. Rest in peace.
– David Wain (@davidwain) February 24, 2014
Awful news; Harold Ramis was a brilliant writer and director, and a very very good man. RIP
– Michael McKean (@MJMcKean) February 24, 2014
On set shooting and devastated getting the news that Harold Ramis died. One of my idols. And was very gracious to me when I was young. RIP
– Doug Ellin (@mrdougellin) February 24, 2014
Looking at Harold Ramis’ body of work is like looking at every movie that made me laugh when I was growing up. RIP.
– Jason O’Mara (@jason_omara) February 24, 2014