Former Subway Spokesman Jared Fogle to Plead Guilty to Child Porn Charges

Following an investigation, former Subway spokesman Jared Fogle is expected to plead guilty to possession of child pornography charges, according to WXIN in Indianapolis, IN.

UPDATE: Subway has issued what appears to be its final statement on the controversy.

The FOX affiliate reports Fogle will accept a plea deal Wednesday, according to sources close to the investigation, which will be followed by a press conference, where the U.S. Attorney’s Office will discuss the deal and charges.

Fogle’s attorney, Ron Elberger, spoke to WXIN Tuesday, but said information regarding specific charges would be addressed by the attorney’s office Wednesday afternoon.

Fogle’s Indiana home was raided on July 7 by federal and state authorities, as part of a child porn investigation, following the April 29 arrest of Russell Taylor, who had served as the executive director of Jared’s foundation.

Taylor was accused of possessing and producing child pornography, and a search of his home turned up more than 500 videos with images of child pornography.

On August 1, text messages were released, wherein Fogle allegedly bragged about having “amazing” sex with a 16-year-old girl to a colleague. Fogle also allegedly offered to pay $500 per sex act to a former Subway franchisee, if she would agree to let him watch sexual encounters with people she met on Craigslist.

Fogle had been a major spokesman for the restaurant chain for more than 15 years, but the company suspended its relationship with him on July 7, following the raid on his home.

Subway execs have been accused of being told of, and doing nothing about, Fogle’s alleged behavior.


Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.