The Daily Caller, continuing its yeoman work in exposing the Democratic scam that is Media Matters for America, has a comprehensive piece out today running down the list of donors to MMFA since 2003. Here’s what they came up with:
- The Tides Foundation, a George Soros-backed left-wing group, donated just under $4.4 million (although Soros’ cash for Tides was earmarked for other purposes). Soros wasn’t done yet, though – his Open Society Institutes donated another $1.1 million. Chalk up one for the international money-man socialist.
- The Ford Foundation gave nearly $1 million – an especially odd funding choice, given the fact that the Ford Foundation is supposed to be about charitable causes rather than political ones.
- The Sandler Foundation, headed up by subprime mortgage lenders Herb and Marion Sandler, handed over $400,000.
- Even MoveOn.org – remember when they were relevant? – forked over $50,000.
- Celebrity nitwit Barbra Streisand’s foundation gave the group $85,000; celebrity uber-nitwit Norman Lear’s foundation handed over $55,000, too.
- And, of course, the Joyce Foundation – a group on whose board one Barack Hussein Obama sat from 1994 to 2002 – gave $400,000, too.
Overall, it’s clear that MMFA is at the forefront of a network of like-minded “charitable organizations” passing the hat for the Democratic Party worldview.