The Washington Post Co. has agreed to sell its flagship newspaper to Amazon.com founder and chief executive Jeffrey P. Bezos, ending the Graham family’s stewardship of one of America’s leading news organizations after four generations.
Bezos, whose entrepreneurship has made him one of the world’s richest men, will pay $250 million in cash for The Post and affiliated publications to the Washington Post Co., which owns the newspaper and other businesses.
Seattle-based Amazon will have no role in the purchase; Bezos himself will buy the news organization and become its sole owner when the sale is completed, probably within 60 days. The Post Co. will change to a new, still-undecided name and continue as a publicly traded company without The Post thereafter.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Defense Secretary Carter mulls easing enlistment requirements for some jobs29 Mar 2015, 9:29 PM PDT
- Boehner expresses doubts about reaching nuke deal with Iran, vows sanctions if effort fails29 Mar 2015, 2:03 PM PDT
- Justice Department asked to prosecute Hamas for Violating US law29 Mar 2015, 11:57 AM PDT
- Potential 2016 candidate O'Malley rips Bush, Clinton, says presidency 'not some crown' 29 Mar 2015, 10:30 AM PDT
- Pence: Indiana law on religious freedom 'not about discrimination ... not going to change'29 Mar 2015, 8:25 AM PDT
Fox News National
- Florida city ponders spring break restrictions after 7 wounded in house party shooting30 Mar 2015, 12:15 AM PDT
- Prosecutors expected to rest their case in first phase of Boston Marathon bombing trial30 Mar 2015, 12:02 AM PDT
- UC Berkeley student missing after leaving Los Angeles party30 Mar 2015, 12:00 AM PDT
- Federal funding in short supply for massive rural water projects in drought-stricken states29 Mar 2015, 11:28 PM PDT
- Prosecutors near end of case in 1st phase of Boston Marathon bombing trial29 Mar 2015, 11:11 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Westbrook helps Thunder rally past Suns29 Mar 2015, 9:25 PM PDT
- South Carolina tops Florida State to reach women's Final Four29 Mar 2015, 9:24 PM PDT
- Ducks win another one-goal game29 Mar 2015, 8:45 PM PDT
- Pacers hold off Mavericks29 Mar 2015, 8:44 PM PDT
- Clippers dominate Celtics29 Mar 2015, 8:42 PM PDT