The Washington Post Co. has agreed to sell its flagship newspaper to Amazon.com founder and chief executive Jeffrey P. Bezos, ending the Graham family’s stewardship of one of America’s leading news organizations after four generations.
Bezos, whose entrepreneurship has made him one of the world’s richest men, will pay $250 million in cash for The Post and affiliated publications to the Washington Post Co., which owns the newspaper and other businesses.
Seattle-based Amazon will have no role in the purchase; Bezos himself will buy the news organization and become its sole owner when the sale is completed, probably within 60 days. The Post Co. will change to a new, still-undecided name and continue as a publicly traded company without The Post thereafter.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Krauthammer: Sony made the 'wrong decision'18 Dec 2014, 6:20 PM PDT
- Files of more than 40,000 federal workers breached18 Dec 2014, 4:29 PM PDT
- Vermont's giving up on single-payer health care over ballooning costs18 Dec 2014, 3:35 PM PDT
- Fox News Poll: Two-thirds say the government is broken18 Dec 2014, 3:11 PM PDT
- Panel finds Secret Service leadership lacking 18 Dec 2014, 2:57 PM PDT
Fox News National
- Infant remains found in California storage unit18 Dec 2014, 8:36 PM PDT
- Investigators release sketch of man suspected of shooting Central Texas meteorologist18 Dec 2014, 4:30 PM PDT
- Day care owner pleads in 7-year-old's drowning in murky pool; left 20 youngsters at mother's18 Dec 2014, 4:30 PM PDT
- Brooklyn man arrested in assault on officers during protest over Garner chokehold death18 Dec 2014, 4:00 PM PDT
- Tribal court hears challenge over Foxwoods Resort Casino's hiring of ex-convict18 Dec 2014, 3:15 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Duke stays perfect with win over UConn18 Dec 2014, 8:27 PM PDT
- National Hockey League Game Capsules18 Dec 2014, 8:27 PM PDT
- Panthers edge Flyers in shootout18 Dec 2014, 8:25 PM PDT
- Caps stop Jackets' streak in OT18 Dec 2014, 8:24 PM PDT
- Virginia downs Cleveland State, moves to 10-018 Dec 2014, 8:20 PM PDT