Former Sen. Bob Kerrey (D-Neb.) lost his bid to return to the Senate against Nebraska legislator Deb Fischer Tuesday, NBC News and CBS News projected.
Kerrey had run a quixotic challenge to return to the Senate in deep-red Nebraska. He left the Senate in 2000 and moved to New York City to become president of The New School.
He returned to Nebraska to run after Sen. Ben Nelson (D-Neb.) retired.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- 2016 Scramble? Former Romney backers, strategist shifting to Bush30 Jan 2015, 8:10 AM PDT
- US economy slows to 2.6 percent growth in fourth quarter30 Jan 2015, 7:40 AM PDT
- Lousy lingo traps White House on Islamists30 Jan 2015, 6:47 AM PDT
- North Dakota may lose $5.5 billion in revenue as oil plunges30 Jan 2015, 6:31 AM PDT
- Poll: Afghans want bigger US presence, support troops30 Jan 2015, 6:01 AM PDT
Fox News National
- 'Bonnie and Clyde' suspect demands to leave courtroom during hearing 30 Jan 2015, 8:11 AM PDT
- District Attorney says it may be illegal for mayor to give 'Undercover Boss' money to city employees30 Jan 2015, 7:46 AM PDT
- In diplomatic spat, Thai junta tries to keep lid on dissent, and good relations with US30 Jan 2015, 7:31 AM PDT
- Dozens of bats cause mayhem in Arkansas courtroom; official says 100s roost in elevator shaft30 Jan 2015, 7:18 AM PDT
- Seeing double: Thursday's midday, evening Daily 4 drawings both end up with same numbers30 Jan 2015, 7:18 AM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Wildcats host Beavers in Pac-12 action30 Jan 2015, 8:26 AM PDT
- Irving leads red-hot Cavs against Kings30 Jan 2015, 8:16 AM PDT
- Hawks' 17-game win streak faces stiff test vs. Blazers30 Jan 2015, 8:15 AM PDT
- Suns close homestand vs. Bulls30 Jan 2015, 8:14 AM PDT
- Warriors try to rebound against Jazz30 Jan 2015, 8:10 AM PDT