Former Sen. Bob Kerrey (D-Neb.) lost his bid to return to the Senate against Nebraska legislator Deb Fischer Tuesday, NBC News and CBS News projected.
Kerrey had run a quixotic challenge to return to the Senate in deep-red Nebraska. He left the Senate in 2000 and moved to New York City to become president of The New School.
He returned to Nebraska to run after Sen. Ben Nelson (D-Neb.) retired.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Dem strategist on Christie: ‘We want to kill him dead’6 Mar 2015, 9:26 AM PDT
- Hillary lets Dems twist on her email scandal6 Mar 2015, 8:38 AM PDT
- Wisconsin legislature approves right-to-work bill6 Mar 2015, 8:13 AM PDT
- Clinton’s personal email use – despite clear rules – raises double-standard questions6 Mar 2015, 8:00 AM PDT
- US added 295,000 jobs in February as unemployment rate dips to 5.5 percent6 Mar 2015, 6:44 AM PDT
Fox News National
- Dallas teacher gets time out for X-rated, profanity laced rant at 6th graders6 Mar 2015, 12:42 PM PDT
- 5th Wesleyan University student arrested in club drug overdoses6 Mar 2015, 10:26 AM PDT
- Father of Ohio teen poisoned to death by caffeine powder files lawsuit6 Mar 2015, 9:40 AM PDT
- Harvard: Man soliciting donations for Islamic State-connected charity reported on campus6 Mar 2015, 9:34 AM PDT
- Witness: DNA of ex-New England Patriot Aaron Hernandez matched cigarette butt at crime scene6 Mar 2015, 9:31 AM PDT