In response to A tired speech for a tired nation:
A day after the successful North Korean Nuclear bomb test, Obama will call for massive reductions in our nuclear arsenal.
Via the Telegraph:
Barack Obama is expected to propose sweeping new cuts to
America’s nuclear weapons arsenal on Tuesday when he delivers his annual
State of Union, arms control experts said, as the re-elected President
searches for a long-term legacy for his second term.
Being known as the President who weakened America and hastened our decline is not much of a legacy.
The guy who called Romney-Ryan’s plan to invigorate the economy “trickle-down fairy dust” that doesn’t work has only a 39% approval rating on the economy. He has a 31% approval rating on the deficit. And he’s expected to double down on his own failed ideas on how to fix the economy.
The president is expected to revive his calls Tuesday for government
There are more people on food stamps in this country (47.7 mil.) than the populations of Spain and Columbia combined.
The American people shelled out more than $2.2 billion for obama-phones in 2012 and the WSJ reports that that up to 41% of the more than six million subscribers could be fraudulently claiming eligibility.
Is it too much to expect that we cut down on these wasteful programs? Don’t answer that. It was a rhetorical question.
The parents of a slain teenager and a teacher at the elementary
school where 20 children died in a December attack are among first lady
Michelle Obama’s guests at Tuesday night’s State of the Union speech.
White House guests include the CEO of Apple, the governor of Oregon, a
pay discrimination victim, and a police officer who responded to a mass
shooting at a Sikh temple near Milwaukee, according to the list released
by the White House.
The full list of Mrs. Obama’s guests, and descriptions provided by the White House:
– Dr. Jill Biden, wife of Vice President Biden.
– Valerie Jarrett, senior adviser to President Obama.
– Sgt. Sheena Adams, Vista, Calif., team adviser and lead instructor, Female Engagement Team
Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) invited a fourth-grader from Newtown, Conn and Tony Bennett, who last week said the United States would be like Nazi Germany without stricter gun control laws (huh?!) to be her guests at the SOTU speech.
Tonight’s Mardi Gras, so Obama’s SOTU affords a good opportunity to celebrate. The Daily Caller has some SOTU drinking game ideas. I don’t necessarily endorse all or any of these:
- Whenever Obama says “jobs,” pour eight percent of your drink down the drain.
- Take a shot whenever Obama mentions the word “gun” or other Second Amendment-related terminology.
- When Obama engages in class warfare, stab the richest person in the
room with your broken beer bottle (which was broken, of course, by
smashing it on said gentleman’s head).
- When Obama mentions “green energy,” swirl your drink in a windmill-like fashion and pour it down the drain.
- When the president says “debt” or “deficit,” take one of your friend’s beers and promise to pay him back later.
- If Obama says “It’s the right thing to do,” scream “YEAH IT IS!” and chug your whole drink.
There’s more at the link.
When Obama says, “let me be clear”, I’ll take a drink. When he goes into “emphatic whisper” mode, I’m taking a bigger drink. When he talks about “our shared values” I’m throwing my bottle at the TV.