The Red Carpet arrivals start at 5:30 p.m. We know who the nominees are, but here are a few ways to spot those who think they may win:
– For the most part, all the nominees for Best Actor and Best Supporting Actor will be in classic tuxedos. For instance, if Bradley Cooper decides not to wear a tie, he thinks he’ll lose.
– Judging by past Oscar winners, most have their hair up. Sandra Bullock and Marion Cotillard were the most recent exceptions I can find. This is good news for Jennifer Lawrence.
– Think about the photos from the waist up. Dresses with an ornate bottom are a waste.
– Fussy jewelry and bodices take away from the Oscar itself. Simple bodices and jewelry bring attention to the face and the best accessory one can have, an Oscar.
– Hardly any past female winners wore black. Winners wear metallics and jewel tones.
(Stick with us, male Convo readers. I’ll also keep you abreast of any side-boob action.)