From Huffington Post:
Jim Carrey made a stunning declaration about his upcoming film “Kick-Ass 2” in June, saying that he couldn’t “support” the movie due its violent content. Since then, the comedian has actively avoided doing any promotional work for the film, which is scheduled for an Aug. 16 release.
This month, Carrey’s “Kick-Ass 2” co-star Chloe Grace Moretz and director Jeff Wadlow have both spoken up in defense of the movie.
In an interview with Britain’s The Sun, Moretz says that while she respects Carrey’s decision to snub the film, she doesn’t agree with the sentiment.
“It’s a movie. If you are going to believe and be affected by an action film, you shouldn’t go to see ‘Pocahontas’ because you are going to think you are a Disney princess,” the 16-year-old actress said, according to WENN. “If you are that easily swayed, you might see ‘The Silence of the Lambs’ and think you are a serial killer. It’s a movie and it’s fake, and I’ve known that since I was a kid … I don’t want to run around trying to kill people and cuss. If anything, these movies teach you what not to do.”
The comic book’s creator, Mark Miller, also had a good outlook on Carrey’s boycott. “People keep saying to me, ‘Are you pissed off at Jim Carrey?’ No, I’m delighted with Jim Carrey, this is amazing,” he said. “For your main actor to publicly say, ‘This movie is too violent for me’ is like saying, ‘This porno has too much nudity. We’ll have to go and see this now.'”