Dr. Phil finds himself in a Twitter controversy after having to delete a tweet that caused quite a stir:
Considering Dr. Phil hosts a talk show driven by lifestyle and relationship driven topics, it seems the subject matter is not necessarily out-of-bounds, but something about the phrasing of the question along with Dr. Phil’s smiling headshot on his eponymous Twitter account made the question come across pretty creepy.
Some thought he was asking his million-plus Twitter followers advice for a situation he found himself facing, personally:
– Andy Levy (@andylevy) August 20, 2013
– rob delaney (@robdelaney) August 20, 2013
While others were offended by the question because they believed Dr. Phil was rationalizing rape:
– TJ Marston (@teej_12) August 20, 2013
– Meg (@BergaliciousMeg) August 20, 2013
– Abel Undercity (@AbelUndercity) August 20, 2013
– Lora Somoza (@LoraSomoza) August 20, 2013
Meanwhile, others just had fun making Dr. Phil the butt of their own, Twitter shenanigans:
Send me a pic. RT @DrPhil: If a girl is drunk, is it OK to have sex with her?
– Joe Mande (@JoeMande) August 20, 2013
If Dr. Phil is drunk is it okay for him to tweet?
– Caissie St.Onge (@Caissie) August 20, 2013
Dr. Phil ended up deleting the Tweet, but we thank Twitter user @mirkinsane for saving a screen grab.
Dr Oz was saving lives today and Dr. Phil is trying to hook up with drunk girls where is @oprah she needs to have an emergency team meeting
– samir mezrahi (@samir) August 20, 2013
Dr. Phil has since deleted the tweet, but we thank Twitter user @Mirkinsane for saving a screen grab.