U.S. Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) issued the following statement in response to the U.S. House of Representatives passing the Continuing Resolution that funds the government without funding Obamacare:
“Today, the House of Representatives did what Washington pundits only a few weeks ago said was impossible: a strong bipartisan majority voted to defund Obamacare. This is a victory for House conservatives, and it is a victory for Speaker Boehner and Republican leadership.
“The American people overwhelmingly oppose Obamacare — a program which is killing jobs, dragging down the economy, and harming the most vulnerable among us. They deserve a fight — and House Republicans are leading that charge.
“But the House was just step one. Step two is the Senate, where all accounts suggest Harry Reid plans to use procedural gimmicks to try to add funding back in for Obamacare.
“If Reid pursues this plan — if he insists on using a 50-vote threshold to fund Obamacare with a partisan vote of only Democrats — then I hope that every Senate Republican will stand together and oppose cloture on the bill in order to keep the House bill intact and not let Harry Reid add Obamacare funding back in.
“Now is a time for party unity; Senate Republicans should stand side-by-side with courageous House Republicans.
“The fight to save America from Obamacare is just beginning — it may well go back and forth from the House and Senate several times — and a united Republican front means that Harry Reid and the President cannot ignore the American people.”
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- US offer for climate treaty: Up to 28 percent emissions cut 30 Mar 2015, 4:33 PM PDT
- Harry Reid, partisan brawler, gets pattycake treatment from the press30 Mar 2015, 4:25 PM PDT
- Rubio to announce whether he'll join 2016 race on April 1330 Mar 2015, 3:02 PM PDT
- Local archdiocese has grave concerns over NJ ban on headstone sales 30 Mar 2015, 1:17 PM PDT
- Hotel for Michelle Obama’s Cambodia visit cost $242,50030 Mar 2015, 1:03 PM PDT
Fox News National
- Federal agents charged with stealing digital currency during Silk Road investigation30 Mar 2015, 5:13 PM PDT
- Jury awards $38.5 million-plus in 2010 shooting deaths of 2 workers at Philadelphia plant30 Mar 2015, 4:53 PM PDT
- Hawaii supervisor manipulated veterans' benefit data, report says30 Mar 2015, 4:29 PM PDT
- Aunt of men accused in Illinois terrorism plot: They're fun-loving, patriotic, 'not monsters'30 Mar 2015, 4:25 PM PDT
- VA Inspector: Honolulu supervisor manipulated veterans' benefit data to make team look better30 Mar 2015, 4:00 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Extra Points: A few pro day takeaways30 Mar 2015, 5:15 PM PDT
- Pekovic out for remainder of season30 Mar 2015, 4:29 PM PDT
- Djokovic reaches 4th round in Miami30 Mar 2015, 4:26 PM PDT
- George Mason hires Bucknell's Paulsen as coach30 Mar 2015, 3:44 PM PDT
- Report: Mullin to be St. John's coach30 Mar 2015, 3:32 PM PDT