The U.S. Senate passed an amendment Thursday that bans the federal government from coercing or incentivizing states to adopt specific academic standards, curriculum, or assessments, including those associated with the controversial Common Core standards.
According to the U.S. Department of Education (USED), while 75 percent of the fastest-growing careers require post-high school education and training, more than half of middle class students who start college fail to earn a bachelor’s degree within six to eight years.
First Lady Michelle Obama is scheduled to appear at her first BLACK GIRLS ROCK! Show at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center next month.
Democrats in the California State Assembly, prodded along by their financial backers at the California Teachers Association, California Federation of Teachers, and California Labor Federation, announced their goal on Wednesday of gutting the state’s charter school system. Their strategy: force charter schools to operate as non-profit organizations.
Two new studies suggest that any positive impact from the Common Core standards on students’ academic progress may either be negligible or indeterminable for years to come.
A student at Sheehan High School raised fears of contaminated food after posting photos to social media of a worm found in a fruit cup served in the school cafeteria.
Mexican ruling party PRI Mayor Javier Garfio Pacheco has issued an apology after comments at a rally suggesting that female domestic employees not keep up with current events because "the news is not that good," and instead to watch Mexican primetime soap operas, known as telenovelas.
The Texas House Committee on Public Education voted unanimously, 11-0, in Austin on Tuesday, March 24, to approve the pre-Kindergarten legislation that most reflected Governor Greg Abbott’s vision to improve early education programs in the state.
SAN DIEGO, California -- Urgent calls went out to the community of Ché Café advocates in San Diego to protest and occupy the space that the University of California San Diego (UCSD) was reportedly set to evict from the venue early Tuesday morning.
Parents and students from Revere Charter Middle School and Magnet Center in Los Angeles have launched a petition to restore a teacher to his job after the 29-year-veteran was suspended by the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) for allegedly using racial terms in class. The petition had neared 800 signatures by Monday morning.In addition, the students held a rally on Monday at the school.
More military parents are choosing homeschooling as an alternative to the in-school environment, even as Common Core supporters tout supposed significant benefits of the nationalized standards particularly for these on-the-move families.
LOS ANGELES, California -- The sources of monetary funding for anti-Israel propaganda and movements such as boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) on college campuses can be linked to taxpayer dollars, according to experts at the StandWithUs conference, a gathering of pro-Israel activists.
Charlottesville, Virginia police said Monday they had no evidence of the occurrence of a gang rape of a University of Virginia student that was described in detail in Rolling Stone last November.
Two Maryland tenth-grade students have been accused of using Twitter to cheat on Common Core-aligned tests.
Judith Shulevitz, writing in the New York Times, reports that infantilized college students are indulging their need for insulation by demanding “safe spaces” where any speech that could hurt their feelings would be forbidden.
LOS ANGELES, California -- With anti-Israel sentiment spreading on college campuses around the world, especially through the "boycott, divestment, sanctions" (BDS) movement, experts gathered in Los Angeles on Sunday to suggest ways to push back during Stand With Us's first anti-BDS conference.
Conservative leaders are frustrated with Gov. Scott Walker’s lack of commitment to full repeal of the Common Core standards. Here's a full review of his tenure, and the steps he's taken during those years.
In the battle against the Common Core, there is good news and bad news. The good news is that the proliferation of these top-down education standards is driving a massive increase in the number of homeschoolers. Families are realizing that
Jeb Bush may be finding the Common Core issue a little harder to shake than he anticipated. From the beginning of the campaign for these national curriculum standards, Bush has been the most prominent and outspoken Republican supporter.
When Common Core was launched in 2009, it was promised: "These standards will be research and evidence-based, internationally benchmarked, aligned with college and work expectations and include rigorous content and skills."
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Despite White House spin, the media quickly nailed the Bowe Bergdahl story27 Mar 2015, 3:56 PM PDT
- Senate Democratic Leader Reid announces retirement27 Mar 2015, 4:54 AM PDT
- Indiana gov signs religious objections bill amid protests 27 Mar 2015, 4:01 AM PDT
- Disagreement over whether 9/11 hijackers had support inside US, report says27 Mar 2015, 12:00 AM PDT
- Senate follows House in passing conservative budget27 Mar 2015, 12:00 AM PDT
Fox News National
- City officials fight back as belligerent birds chase people at central Florida park27 Mar 2015, 4:36 AM PDT
- Autopsies planned on bodies of Detroit children found in freezer who likely died 2 years ago27 Mar 2015, 4:33 AM PDT
- Boston woman charged with fraudulently accepting benefits for marathon bombing injuries27 Mar 2015, 4:33 AM PDT
- Detroit couple in court on abuse, torture charges in case of boy found in basement27 Mar 2015, 4:25 AM PDT
- Federal audit finds Maryland misallocated $28.4 million for flawed health care exchange27 Mar 2015, 4:22 AM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Arizona pulls away from Xavier to set up Elite Eight rematch26 Mar 2015, 10:53 PM PDT
- NCAA Tournament Roundup: Wisconsin, Arizona set Saturday showdown in West Regional26 Mar 2015, 10:33 PM PDT
- Kentucky dominates West Virginia start to finish26 Mar 2015, 10:16 PM PDT
- Kentucky three wins from perfection after crushing West Virginia in Sweet 1626 Mar 2015, 10:14 PM PDT
- NCAA Tournament Game Capsules26 Mar 2015, 10:12 PM PDT