Facing strong opposition from parents and both political parties, Barack Obama is abandoning plans to tax college savings accounts, also called 529s.
To honor National School Choice Week, Louisiana U.S. Sen. David Vitter (R) announced Monday that he has introduced the Local Control of Education Act, a measure that would ban the federal government from mandating the adoption of specific standards—such as the Common Core standards—as well as curriculum and assessments.
Carol M. Swain, professor of Political Science and Law at Vanderbilt University, declared that campus political correctness “has reached the level that we can no longer have any serious conversations on the most important issues of our day. And our
A new study published in the Journal of Public Economics and discussed in a press release at the Harvard Kennedy School provides the first observed estimates on the long-term impact of school voucher programs that allow parents to choose the education setting of their children. Vouchers were found to be particularly beneficial to low-income, minority students.
The Mississippi State House has approved a bill that would remove the name “Common Core” from the state’s academic standards, but not replace the actual standards themselves.
At the Iowa Freedom Summit, Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (R) let Republican voters know that the Common Core standards are a huge electoral issue for the 2016 presidential election – and that he’s anxious they’ll remember his support for the controversial education reform initiative.
In his speech at the Iowa Freedom Summit over the weekend, Donald Trump blasted the idea of both Mitt Romney and Jeb Bush as potential GOP presidential candidates in 2016.
A Katy, Texas, junior high school principal was reinstated after being put on administrative leave earlier this month. Katy Independent School District (ISD) officials would not confirm the reason for the punishment. Parents believe Seven Lakes Junior High School Principal Dr. Imelda Medrano (on right in the photo above) was placed on administrative leave because she sent out a newsletter with a warning to parents. The newsletter linked to a Christian parenting website.
Vice President Joe Biden told students at West Los Angeles College on Friday that President Barack Obama’s plan to offer “free” community college would prepare young Americans to compete for opportunities in the global economy. “The rest of the world is catching
President Barack Obama took his State of the Union on the road yesterday, telling college students in Boise, ID that he will make two years of college "free" and "universal." What he did not tell them, however, is that he wants to tax 529 savings plans to pay for those two free years of community college--which are already free anyway for poor students, under federal grants.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Walker forms political committee, says he's 'very interested' in 2016 bid28 Jan 2015, 1:00 AM PDT
- New York Assembly Speaker to leave post amid corruption charges28 Jan 2015, 1:00 AM PDT
- New York, New Jersey governors defend actions after blizzard's big miss27 Jan 2015, 11:19 PM PDT
- Ex-military intel officer says White House delaying announcement of Bergdahl desertion charge27 Jan 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- Judge refuses to toss Rick Perry abuse-of-power case on constitutional grounds 27 Jan 2015, 5:10 PM PDT
Fox News National
- Police say Utah family found dead last fall overdosed on drugs, parents feared apocalypse28 Jan 2015, 1:00 AM PDT
- Blizzard, transit closures cost NYC economy estimated $200M27 Jan 2015, 11:05 PM PDT
- Zoo offers creepy way to get even with exes27 Jan 2015, 10:20 PM PDT
- 'Rent Too High' candidate facing eviction27 Jan 2015, 9:05 PM PDT
- More potential jurors released from Colorado theater shooting trial27 Jan 2015, 8:30 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Bulls snap Warriors' 19-game home winning streak27 Jan 2015, 11:23 PM PDT
- Wawrinka straight-sets Nishikori in Aussie quarters27 Jan 2015, 11:21 PM PDT
- Andersen, Ducks blank Canucks27 Jan 2015, 11:21 PM PDT
- Preds slip past Avs in OT27 Jan 2015, 11:11 PM PDT
- National Hockey League Game Capsules27 Jan 2015, 11:09 PM PDT