SIGN UP FOR THE BREITBART EMAIL NEWSLETTER

New Video Shows Arson Suspect in Massive Da Vinci Fire

Surveillance video footage of the main suspect in the December 8 Da Vinci fire that destroyed the 7-story mixed use apartment complex and which was deemed an act of arson was released by fire officials last week. The video reportedly shows the still-at-large suspect parking his car on the 110 Freeway and walking into the unfinished structure with several cans of fuel, a fire official told a community group.

“If you think that you’re going to be in the cover of darkness, there’s always somebody watching,” LAFD Battalion Chief Steve Ruda said during a meeting with members of Echo Park’s neighborhood council to discuss the video footage, according to the Los Angeles Times.

The fire is believed to have cost up to $30 million in damage.

The Times acquired a recording which was made by an audience member present at last week’s meeting in which Ruda said he believes the suspect “torched that building up from the freeway side and then escaped.”

Authorities had released video footage of two men whom they labeled as potential witnesses to the fire and whom they were attempting to get in touch with, but have not yet released footage of the suspect with the gas cans.

In January, an unprecedented $170,000 award was offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person who started the historic conflagration.

Follow our coverage of the Da Vinci fire:

Follow Adelle Nazarian on Twitter: @AdelleNaz

P.S. DO YOU WANT MORE ARTICLES
LIKE THIS ONE DELIVERED RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX?
SIGN UP FOR THE DAILY BREITBART NEWSLETTER.


Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.

SIGN UP FOR THE OFFICIAL
BREITBART EMAIL NEWSLETTER

GET TODAY'S TOP NEWS DELIVERED RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX

I don't want to get today's top news.

x