SIGN UP FOR THE BREITBART EMAIL NEWSLETTER

San Bernardino Terror Suspect Enrique Marquez Arrested

While details of impending terror charges against San Bernardino terror attack weapons provider and Muslim convert Enrique Marquez are few, news broke Thursday that law enforcement authorities took him into custody.

Authorities arrested Marquez on Thursday after much speculation that terror charges against Marquez will be released. Law enforcement has confirmed the arrest as of Thursday to the Los Angeles Times. Marquez converted to Islam and was a friend and neighbor of Farook. Marquez told federal authorities that he and Farook planned a separate attack in 2012. He also told authorities that they called off in light of terror related arrests in the area and out of fear of being caught.

Breitbart News previously reported:

Syed Farook, the terrorist who launched last week’s attack in San Bernardino with his wife, Tashfeen Malik, was reportedly recruited by a California jihadi who was arrested in 2012 and sentenced this year to 25 years in federal prison.

Marquez provided the two AR-15 variants used in the December 2 San Bernardino terror attack carried out by Syed Rizwan Farook and his recently acquired bride Tashfeen Malik. The two opened fire at a holiday office party held comprised of Farook’s coworkers. 14 people died and 22 were injured in the attack. Farook and Malik perished in a shootout hours after the start of the attack.

Last Friday the mosque Marquez attended up until a couple of years ago — The Islamic Society of Corona-Norco — held a lackluster “vigil” that failed to mention the work terror or name former mosque attendee Marquez. The greater focus was placed on claims of impending Islamophobia and prejudice. CAIR (The Council on American Islamic Relations) even had a representative to encourage reports of such prejudice.

President Barack Obama is scheduled to squeeze in a visit to families of San Bernardino terror attack victims on Friday. He is making the stop on his way to holiday vacation in Hawaii.

Breitbart News has made multiple requests to the U.S. Attorney’s Office for information on charges to be filed against Marquez. Requests for information made Thursday have yet to be returned.

Follow Michelle Moons on Twitter @MichelleDiana

P.S. DO YOU WANT MORE ARTICLES
LIKE THIS ONE DELIVERED RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX?
SIGN UP FOR THE DAILY BREITBART NEWSLETTER.


Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.

SIGN UP FOR THE OFFICIAL
BREITBART EMAIL NEWSLETTER

GET TODAY'S TOP NEWS DELIVERED RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX

I don't want to get today's top news.

x