Woman Accidentally Super Glues Mouth Closed
A New Zealand woman accidentally sealed her mouth shut when she mistook a tube of super glue for her lip balm. The 64-year-old cold sore suffering woman was fumbling in the dark for the lip balm which she kept in a tray in her medicine cabinet. Unfortunately, she also kept the super glue in the same tray.
According to the report, a common cold prevented the woman from smelling the toxic adhesive before applying it to her lips. She then went back to sleep and shortly thereafter, her mouth was glued shut.
Senior Sgt. Steve Aiken told the New Zealand Herald that the woman "could only grunt" when she called emergency services.
The glue was eventually removed at a nearby hospital with the help of paraffin oil.