The Times of Israel reports:
Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said Saturday his country would keep its “open border policy” for Syrian refugees, saying as many as 55,000 people fleeing a new regime offensive were heading toward the frontier.
Cavusoglu told reporters after a meeting with his EU counterparts in Amsterdam that there had been no change in Turkish policy.
“We still keep this open border policy for these people fleeing from the aggression, from the regime as well as air strikes of Russia,” he said.
“We have received already 5,000 of them; another 50,000 to 55,000 are on their way and we cannot leave them there,” he said.
Read the full story.