Arutz Sheva reports: British charity War on Want denied on Sunday reports that the British government had cut off its funding to the group due to the fact that it had been fundamentally transformed from an anti-poverty charity into a front for anti-Israel activists.
“War on Want has dismissed the story in today’s Sunday Telegraph suggesting that it has had its funding ‘pulled’ by the UK government and that the charity has been criticized by the government over its support for human rights in Palestine,” the organization said in a statement on its website.
John Hilary, Executive Director at War on Want, said the report was “a complete fabrication.”
“War on Want has not sought any UK government support for its operations for a number of years now, so it is absurd to suggest that we have had our funding ‘pulled’. The insinuation that we have been criticized by the government for standing up for the rights of the Palestinian people is equally bogus. We will be contacting the Telegraph to help it set the record straight,” he added.
Read more here