- AP: Donald Trumps Wins White House in Astonishing Victory
- Pennsylvania’s Pat Toomey Wins Re-Election, Ensuring Republican Senate Majority
- Republican Hindu Coalition: We Swung 25,000 Indian-American Votes
- Donald Trump Projected to Win Iowa
- The New York Times Election Tracker Takes a Roller-Coaster Ride
Republican nominee Donald Trump is projected to win Iowa’s 6 electoral votes, beating his Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton by a large enough margin that several networks have called the race with less than two thirds of ballots counted.
Iowa was considered a key battleground state headed into Tuesday’s election. Located in the influential Midwestern region and known for holding the first primary in the nation, Iowa was long considered a Republican stronghold until the state went blue in both 2008 and 2012 for President Barack Obama.
Chuck Grassley has also won reelection for a seventh term, saving his Senate seat from Democratic challenger and former lieutenant governor Patty Judge. Grassley was predicted to win despite heavy criticism from Democrats for his blockage of Supreme Court nominee Merrick Garland.
Grassley was an early Trump supporter.