- AP: Donald Trumps Wins White House in Astonishing Victory
- Pennsylvania's Pat Toomey Wins Re-Election, Ensuring Republican Senate Majority
- Republican Hindu Coalition: We Swung 25,000 Indian-American Votes
- Donald Trump Projected to Win Iowa
- The New York Times Election Tracker Takes a Roller-Coaster Ride
The New York Times runs an election tracker web page that calculates the odds of presidential victory, popular vote margins, and projected Electoral College totals, in addition to monitoring the final state-by-state results.
At the beginning of Election Eve, the tracker gave Hillary Clinton an 85% to win the election. Within two hours, the odds had shifted to a 50-50 race. At 10:30 PM Eastern time, with the last few decisive swing states waiting to be called, the odds stood at 90% for Trump.
It was an amazing ride for the election tracker, raising some interesting questions about how the odds were calculated, and what data the Times was feeding into its system in advance of the formal state calls.