SIGN UP FOR THE BREITBART EMAIL NEWSLETTER

Cliff Richard Rejects Sexual Assault Allegation

Cliff Richard Rejects Sexual Assault Allegation

British pop star Cliff Richard says police have questioned him about a sexual assault allegation.

A statement issued Sunday on behalf of Richard says the allegation that he assaulted a boy at a religious rally in Sheffield, northern England, in the 1980s is “completely false.”

Police, who do not name suspects unless they are charged, said a 73-year-old man was interviewed under caution at a police station Saturday. He was not arrested.

“Under caution” means the interview was recorded and could be used in future prosecutions.

Earlier this month police searched a house belonging to Richard near London after receiving what they called “an allegation of a sexual nature.”

Richard was one of Britain’s first rock stars in the 1950s and has recorded hit singles over the past six decades.

P.S. DO YOU WANT MORE ARTICLES
LIKE THIS ONE DELIVERED RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX?
SIGN UP FOR THE DAILY BREITBART NEWSLETTER.


Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.

SIGN UP FOR THE OFFICIAL
BREITBART EMAIL NEWSLETTER

GET TODAY'S TOP NEWS DELIVERED RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX

I don't want to get today's top news.

x