SIGN UP FOR THE BREITBART EMAIL NEWSLETTER

Paris Jihadi Had ‘Hit List’ of Celebrity Victims

The Islamic terrorist who brutally murdered a police official and his wife outside Paris on Monday night was reportedly carrying a “hit list” of victims, which included celebrity journalists and rappers as well as security personnel.

Paris prosecutor François Molins reported that police found the list at the scene of the killings in Magnanville, a suburb of Paris, and that the 25-year-old attacker, Larossi Abballa, had also told friends of his “thirst for blood.”

In the attack, the jihadist repeatedly stabbed 42-year-old police commissioner Jean-Baptiste Salvaing outside his home, and then barricaded himself inside the house with the man’s 36-year-old partner Jessica Schneider and the couple’s three-year-old son. He killed the woman by slitting her throat, and the child—in a state of shock—was subsequently rescued by police.

In the Facebook video live-streamed by Abballa while he held his captives hostage, he professed to be a practicing Muslim celebrating Ramadan, and said he was responding to a summons by ISIS leader Amir Al-Baghdadi to kill “the infidels among them.”

Police have arrested three associates of Abballa, who had pledged his allegiance to the Islamic State three weeks before the killing. One of those arrested had been sentenced together with Abballa in 2013 for affiliation to a Takfiri terror network that sent recruits to Pakistan.

A search of the killer’s vehicle revealed a copy of the Qur’an, a djellaba and two books, entitled Authentic Belief and An Explanation of the Three Foundations. At his home, investigators seized various documents as well as computer equipment, which are now being analyzed.

Abballa had been tried in 2013 for involvement in a Jihadist network tied to Pakistan and subsequently sentenced to three years in prison.

The Magnanville murders took place just 36 hours after a lone gunman professing allegiance to the same terror group fatally shot 49 people at The Pulse, a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida.

The Orlando shooter, identified as Omar Mateen, had reportedly traveled to Saudi Arabia twice—in March of 2011 and March of 2012—as well as the United Arab Emirates.

European governments were repeatedly warned of a “Takfiri backlash” when they began supporting militants in their efforts to bring down the Syrian government.

Follow Thomas D. Williams on Twitter  

P.S. DO YOU WANT MORE ARTICLES
LIKE THIS ONE DELIVERED RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX?
SIGN UP FOR THE DAILY BREITBART NEWSLETTER.


Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.

SIGN UP FOR THE OFFICIAL
BREITBART EMAIL NEWSLETTER

GET TODAY'S TOP NEWS DELIVERED RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX

I don't want to get today's top news.

x