Events continue to heat up in Bahrain. Saudi Arabia has sent forces to the island to help quell violent protests. Iran has now voiced its support for the protesters. Khaleej Times (United Arab Emirates) reports:
“His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa of Bahrain on Tuesday enforced the National Safety Act (emergency law) for three months in all parts of the Kingdom as two died in fresh violence and the country recalled its ambassador from Iran in protest against Tehran’s interference.
The Act was declared in the wake of the major political unrest and sectarian tensions which Bahrain has been witnessing since February 14.
In a Royal Decree, King Hamad assigned the Commander-in-Chief of the Bahrain Defence Force (BDF) to take all necessary measures in order to implement the Act. Beside the BDF, public security, National Guard and other forces will be deployed if their services are required, the decree said.
A statement carried by the Bahrain News Agency attributed enforcement of the Act to the threats citizens and expatriates have been exposed to because of street violence that have not spared religious places and educational institutions.
On the diplomatic front, Bahrain recalled its ambassador to Tehran after the Iranian government condemned the arrival of Gulf Arab forces in the archipelago and defended the “legitimate” demands of pro-democracy protesters. Hamad Al Hamer, Undersecretary of Foreign Affairs for Regional Affairs, told the Press on Tuesday that such a statement is interference in Bahrain’s internal affairs and should not come from a country with good relations. He said Bahrain strongly condemned the statement and highlighted that the GCC Peninsula Shield Forces came as part of strong ties among Gulf countries.
A member of Bahrain’s security forces was killed in clashes with protesters, the information ministry said, denying earlier reports that a Saudi policeman had also died.
“A member of the security forces passed away in Maameer this evening when he was deliberately run over by one of the rioters,” Bahrain’s Ministry of Information said.
Bahrain state television also reported the man’s death, refuting earlier rumours that a Saudi police officer had been killed.
A source at Salmaniya Hospital, which has been receiving most of the casualties, confirmed an earlier report that a Bahraini man was killed. It also said a Bangladeshi man had died in clashes in the town of Sitra.
Meanwhile, the Ministry of Interior said that a “group of vandals” had opened fire with automatic weapons on police patrols in the region of Buri, south of Manama, adding that no injuries were reported. A security official said police had begun “reopening roads closed by the demonstrators” in the southern Shia regions. But “no decision has yet been taken regarding Pearl Square,” the epicentre of protests.
You can read the entire article here.

Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.