Remember what Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) said about Huma Abedin yesterday?
“Recently, it has been alleged that Huma, a Muslim American, is part of a nefarious conspiracy to harm the United States by unduly influencing U.S. foreign policy at the Department of State in favor of the Muslim Brotherhood and other Islamist causes. These sinister accusations rest solely on a few unspecified and unsubstantiated associations of members of Huma’s family, none of which have been shown to harm or threaten the United States in any way. These attacks on Huma have no logic, no basis, and no merit. And they need to stop now.”
Here’s the resume, according to Nonie Darwish, of Huma Abedine’s mother:
Dr. Saleha Mahmood Abedin is one of the founding members of the Muslim Sisterhood, and more importantly the long-time chairperson of the “International Islamic Committee for Woman and Child” (IICWC), which wants to impose Sharia law on Egypt, and eventually, the West.
Let’s take a look at the IICWC’s stated positions:
- Laws criminalizing female genital mutilation should be revoked. (And where are the feminists of America when it comes to the Muslim world? Hiding under their beds.)
- The laws forbidding child marriage below the age of eighteen should be revoked, with no minimum marriage age.
- The laws forbidding marital rape should be revoked and that polygamy is a right for men.
- A health check-up before marriage should be revoked since it is against religion and should not be part of the marriage contract.
- No right of a woman to register her newborn by herself for a birth certificate because the child belongs to the father even if it was the product of adultery.
- Parents cannot be prosecuted for physically or mentally abusing their children, as long as the punishment does not cause a permanent deformity or the beating is too extreme.
When Hillary Clinton visited Saudi Arabia, she spoke at the Islamic college of Dar El-Hekma together with Huma, where Dr. Saleha Abedin was a vice-dean and one of its founders. Is this a problem for the US State Department? You bet it is.